shape
carat
color
clarity

Not getting new setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a while.

Just informed I've been laid off at work.
40.gif

(Thanks for moving this over to here!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well that just stinks. So sorry to hear that. But you''ll find another, better job soon and will get that awesome setting I just know it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that! Maybe there is something better waiting for you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU GUYS.
21.gif

Yeah. Well I''ll be spending more time on the boards... the JOB boards, however.
7.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy, I''m sorry
7.gif
. You''ll find another job and be able to get your dream setting soon, i know it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry to hear that news! You will get another job and another setting - just probably not in the time frame you had hoped for. Sometimes dark clouds have silver linings - here''s hoping that will be your story!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
*Sigh* Thanks guys.
5.gif

I'm just so HAPPY that we didn't get thing thing insured. LOL. If we'd gotten it insured like intelligent people it would be at Quest-- and I would be obligated to continue the work on it once it started.

Now at least I have one less financial obligation to worry about. And time to see how Isaku's ring with the same halo comes out!

Okay, so I'm working a little hard at silver linings... but hey, what's a girl to do. For now, I'll admire all the bling second hand. Then who knows. Maybe something amazing will happen and I'll get a much better job-- preferably in DC where we really would rather move back to and I'll be able to drive Quest crazy in person!
19.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

So sorry to hear this Gypsy.....it will all end up ok, it will just take longer. Keep us posted and I''m crossing my fingers for your job search, sweets!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that Gypsy
15.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s okay. Happens to many people. Found out earlier today. Spent the day job searching. Will get up tommorrow and do it again for as long as it takes. Gotta git me that setting after all.
38.gif

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,

I troll the board often, and I don''t know, but just wanted say I''m sorry about what happened. But as always something better is sure to come along.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Salmon. I appreciate that.
2.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
So very sorry to hear of your plight. But it is true, that when one door closes, another one opens! I am sure something better is coming your way -- hang in there!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this! Wishing you the best of luck in your job search so you can get that new setting soon.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy,
I am so sorry to hear that! What kind of job was it and can we help do job searches for you??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t sleep.

Thank you headlight, Sundial and Sophie.
5.gif

I''m an attorney. A new one just starting out, though. A little hard to find a job as there are so many of us. But I''m going to work with some legal placement agencies nationally and we''ll see what happens. I appreciate the offer for the help, very sweet ... something will turn up. I graduated from a top 15 law school, so there''s hope. Just feeling a little down and worried for tonight. Things will be better in the morning. Going to go grab some warm milk... and a cat (got four of them) and see about catching some Zzz''s. My fiance had an important deal fall through today too (a lawyer screwed it up... lol) , so it''s just been a bad day.

Good night all. And thank you all for your concern and kind words.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy -- so sorry to hear about this unexpected misfortune. It''s a cliche but it''s true -- when one door closes, another door opens. And you sound like a very bright, funny, likable person so I''m sure that another opportunity is just around the corner. I do know how you''re feeling....program cuts at my company have forced me to reduce the number of hours I''m working (I''m a contractor) AND my DH is seriously contemplating quitting his job and going into another field, which would mean a HUGE, life-changing cut in our income. Last night we even talked about selling our beloved house and what a new neighborhood would mean for our kids. (and I''d have to become a stay-at-home mom, eeek!) We''ll see. Lots of question marks in the air right now......it''s scary, but we''ll all make it though. Hang in there.
2.gif

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear it Gypsy. I''m an attorney in the DC area and would be happy to consult if you care to share what type of position you''re looking for. Where are you now? I don''t suppose there is any way you could join us Sunday for the the DC-area gtg at the Chantilly Gem Show?

I saw in your other thread that you are contemplating staging houses for sale. There was an article discussing the utility of open houses and the growing popularity of staging in the Washington Post last weekend, I think. You may want to search for that online.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy - Don''t worry, something bigger and better will come along for you! I''m convinced these things happen for a reason and I belive that you will end up better off in the long run because of it.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy: i just graduated from law school last may and am working in DC -- my fiancee (same situation) came here without a job and had to temp for a while and eventually found a terrific job that he loves. it''s a tough market, but if you graduated from a great school, you definately are ahead of the pack!!

if you want any info on temping agencies i can forward it along.

it''ll all come together
emstar.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry gypsy, but things will work themselves out. And for the meantime...you can be a stay-at-home mom, to your kitties! They''ll love it. Best wishes on your search, and here''s to ending up in a better position.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Aww Gypsy,

I''ve been in your shoes... And somehow everything always worked out well in the end.

It just sucks to be laid off. It''s hard to not take it a little bit personally.

One door closes, another opens. Hopefully soon you''ll be posting that you got the job of your dreams!

Good luck to you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. Actually I could be there. With bells on, if required.
9.gif
Seriously.

As for staging houses. It was something we were going to start on the side-- weekend and evening consultations with my fiance''s brokerage and a friend''s brokerage as well. But things unexpectedly changed. I don''t know if we can deal with two commission based incomes right now though. So I am seriously looking for a position as an attorney-- one I''ll keep for the next four years at least.

I''ve got the bells. If that was a serious offer, I''ll be there on Sunday. 3 hour drive in Zero Problem for me.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 11:01:47 AM
Author: lovelylulu
Gypsy: i just graduated from law school last may and am working in DC -- my fiancee (same situation) came here without a job and had to temp for a while and eventually found a terrific job that he loves. it''s a tough market, but if you graduated from a great school, you definately are ahead of the pack!!

if you want any info on temping agencies i can forward it along.

it''ll all come together
emstar.gif
Names of contacts-- real humans LOL-- at agencies would be lovely. Something temporary would be great as long as there''s a possibility of permanency or strong experience to build my resume up. THANK YOU!!!
21.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR WARM WISHES!

JUST SPENT THE MORNING (Okay so my morning started last night,but still) JOB HUNTING.

YOU GUYS ARE SO WONDERFUL. I AM BLESSED TO HAVE THE EXPOSURE TO SO MANY WARM, CARING PEOPLE.
16.gif
AND I KNOW IT.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Keep the faith, Gypsy, I am sure something great will come out of this. Everything happens for a reason.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 12:28:59 PM
Author: Gypsy
Yes. Actually I could be there. With bells on, if required.
9.gif
Seriously.

As for staging houses. It was something we were going to start on the side-- weekend and evening consultations with my fiance''s brokerage and a friend''s brokerage as well. But things unexpectedly changed. I don''t know if we can deal with two commission based incomes right now though. So I am seriously looking for a position as an attorney-- one I''ll keep for the next four years at least.

I''ve got the bells. If that was a serious offer, I''ll be there on Sunday. 3 hour drive in Zero Problem for me.
Absolutely serious. I''ll add you to the list. Check out the Chantilly Gem Show GTG thread here in Hangout for details. We''re meeting for lunch and then going to the nearby gem show.

For headcount purposes, will you be dragging your fiance along? Please post in the GTG thread so I can keep the count there.

lovelylulu too if she''s interested, as long as we agree to talk principally gems/diamonds, not law!
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Eek! That sucks. I''m very sorry. Good luck on getting a new (and better!
28.gif
) job!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 10:05:52 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Gypsy -- so sorry to hear about this unexpected misfortune. It''s a cliche but it''s true -- when one door closes, another door opens. And you sound like a very bright, funny, likable person so I''m sure that another opportunity is just around the corner. I do know how you''re feeling....program cuts at my company have forced me to reduce the number of hours I''m working (I''m a contractor) AND my DH is seriously contemplating quitting his job and going into another field, which would mean a HUGE, life-changing cut in our income. Last night we even talked about selling our beloved house and what a new neighborhood would mean for our kids. (and I''d have to become a stay-at-home mom, eeek!) We''ll see. Lots of question marks in the air right now......it''s scary, but we''ll all make it though. Hang in there.
2.gif
Just saw this Kristy. I''m sorry you guys are going through a hard time, too. So many changes, so many adjustments. So scary. But sometimes change is good I guess, and getting to complacent is bad. Of course, I like complacent.
20.gif
but you don''t always get what you want. As long as we get what we need... well that will do!

Not much of a pep talk there was it? Sorry, still working on Pep.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE for your comments and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results