shape
carat
color
clarity

Not clear on type of pearls in this necklace-bracelet set

lindsey9

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My wife has decided to sell a necklace-bracelet set her mother gave her. A local jeweler told her the pearls were "cultured" but that was all the information he gave her. The pearls, both the black and white, are about 5mm by my calculation and appear to be round.

We would like to sell the set but need a better description as it appears to be an expensive set. Any advice or the type of appraiser we might need to seek out would be appreciated. I have uploaded some images so I hope they show up.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

gold_pearl_necklace_bracelet.jpg

gold_pearl_necklace_closeup_03.jpg

gold_pearl_necklace_bracelet.jpg

gold_pearl_necklace_closeup_03.jpg

The Old Pearler

Rough_Rock
Re: Not clear on type of pearls in this necklace-bracelet se

At first glance, by design, one would surmise freshwater. But if the beads are cultured pearls and not faux, they are Akoya.

PearlsOfJoy

Rough_Rock
Trade

Agree the design is not something you'd typically see with Akoya pearls but they do appear to be mid grade Akoya pearls. Interesting piece, I like it.

lindsey9

Rough_Rock

Thank you both for your responses. I have been learning a lot about pearls because of this piece and people like you make it enjoyable.

It appears I need to go to a shop or appraiser that can give a definitive answer, if possible, as to the origin and grade of the pearls.

Thanks again for your time and input.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results