shape
carat
color
clarity

Not buying any jewellery as I would rather spend the money on ...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... catering equipment for my pop up kitchen events! :mrgreen:

I very nearly hit the button for a pair of dainty 1cttw moissy huggies, however I refrained as I would rather save the money for a professional catering Bain Marie for my pop up kitchen events, next one due in January 2020!

How about anyone else?

DK :))

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bedroom bathroom remodel! (and also tutor for my youngest). This time next year may shop for an emerald or tsavorite ring in the 300-600 range (most likely preloved) barring I can get by 6-9 months with no other financial emergencies!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Total interior redo of house -- paint, new furniture, reface living room fireplace, remodel guest bath, reface kitchen cabinets.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great question. Unfortunately we need to replace all of our beach bedroom furniture due to me destroying it with too much cleaning product ie Rescue while daily cleaning and disnfecting since July 21st. That's right. Daily cleaning and disinfecting (plus laundry lots of it daily) since July 21st. Which has taken a toll on our dressers and night tables. So new furniture as soon as we are RW clear. And even our wood floors are a bit wrecked from my aggressive frequent cleaning and disinfecting but that can be refinished.

Plus we also need to redo 2 rooms and tear up the carpet in those rooms and lay hardwood floors. Only 2 rooms in our house with carpet. The carpet must be very carefully removed as those might be RW compromised and were exposed to the kitties before we knew the diagnosis. They have been closed off since July 21st. Plus they were cleaned and disinfected but it is hard to fully remove RW from carpet. Greg will have to tear it all up and lay the hardwood himself probably just because I do not trust anyone else in those rooms due to potential RW.

Haha there is a theme here you can see.

Will that stop me from bling purchasing? Probably though I did purchase an AVC moissanite from Jonathan a couple of months ago. Total impulse random purchase as I never even knew I wanted an AVC moissanite. I love it though and am glad I got it. It's gorgeous.

I have made many other (stress related) purchases and they add up. Boots, coats, clothes. Lots of them as all my cold weather stuff is in Brooklyn and I have not been back there since May. So I will have to assess the damage and go from there. But in the meantime life is for enjoying and you could say I am living in the moment day by day.

Sorry I guess I really didn't answer your question. As of now I have no intention to make any bling purchases. If something amazing comes along I cannot promise I will resist but at this time no bling is in my near future.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent several years mostly away from PS, saving up aggressively for a new house, and then once we moved in, the first year most of the money went to house things. So this year was jewelry bonanza year, but I have now used up my budget. Got a number of things on my ultimate wishlist though, so I'm a very happy pricescoper! Next year we are probably focusing on interior redecorating/renovations to our house. We'll see how much things cost and how much we can handle having ripped up at once. My ideal 2020 house list is to repaint the whole interior, replace all the carpets in the bedrooms with hardwoods so they match the main living areas, and to replace the ugliest bathroom countertops with white quartz. Then there are a few other things we'd like done depending on how much everything costs and if we are tired of having things done to the house or are ok with doing more. Usually we just do about 2 house projects a year to keep moving along towards making a house perfect without overwhelming ourselves.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i need to get some rings resized
and our 1959 house is in need of some TLC - we need a new bathroom springsteensnl.png
but there is a remoured E street band tour due next year so i need to save up for Bruce and the boys (and girls)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1920s house was a fixer upper when I bought it 20 years ago and is still a fixer upper.
But it works just fine warts and all, thank you.
I don't mind a kitchen that's not in style today, with 45 year old worn formica countertops.
The house functions, and that's all that matters to me.

Everything is out of date, out of style, the wrong colors, imperfect, nothing matches ... tacky to those who must live in a home worthy of the cover of Architectural Digest, or keep up with the Jones'.

Ah Meh. So what?
To me a house is no more than a drain pipe, a tool that does a job.

I like though that the neighborhood I barely managed to squeaked into means, even as a fixer upper, it's now worth 4 times what I paid. :Up_to_something:

To each their own also means, to me my own. =)2

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 1920s house was a fixer upper when I bought it 20 years ago and is still a fixer upper.
It works just fine, thank you.
I don't mind a kitchen that's not in style today, with 45 year old worn formica countertops.
The house functions, and that's all that matters to me.

Everything is out of date, out of style, the wrong colors, imperfect, nothing matches ... tacky to those who keep up with the Jones'.

Meh. So what?
To each their own also means, to me my own. =)2

mine is just warn out :(2
the kictchen looks ok but its starting to fall apart

im kinda subconsciously going for a 70s vibe

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seem to have lost the urge to buy more jewellery, maybe that means my collection is complete?

We have lots of expenses coming up soon, sons going to college, possibly a new car, basic home maintenance and summer holiday plans so I’m conserving cash for those.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always want more jewellery, but I don't buy things - I'd spend ALL the money!

I did just have my amethyst reset by Daniel M & my Tiffany silver tag bracelet (with the vital medical info engraved that I never wear because the disc clatters on everything & I really can't live with it anymore) is currently with my jeweller having the disc fitted into the length of the chain & the chain shortened, to make it more wearable like an ID bracelet. Thank you @elliefire99 @Mamabean @tigertales for suggesting this a LONG time ago - I should have done it then instead of procrastinating & not wearing it :confused2:

But in the New Year we will have our lounge redecorated & a new carpet. It's the last room in the house to be done after an ongoing 2 year project, but it feels like such a big job & overwhelms me, not least because there is a huge fish tank that will need emptying & re-siting elsewhere for the duration because it's heated. And the carpet fitters will have to work around the sofas, as it was a trial to get them in & they won't be coming out again until we move. It all feels a bit much, but must be done!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
One of the important lessons I learnt this year is that we really have to appreciate what we do have and not just be forever on the hunt for things we long for.
Cliche? Perhaps. But few people own it and it is very important in today’ society that is slowly reversing to the appreciation of lasting values, reducing consumerism.
Now of course diamonds, CS and jewelry represent lasting values already so PS is already progressive and better than much of society but I can admire and appreciate my existing pieces instead of getting a new stone/doing a new project every two weeks.
That said I have been bad this year:)))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year I'm tapped out and the plumbing...arg. But thankfully its not over as bad as I thought it would be. It does mean that I will be behind schedule to update my earrings. I've got more gemstones sitting in boxes than I know what to do with....lol the earrings will be it for a very long time unless I actually do something with what I already have.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need a new deck this summer and new countertops in the kitchen. I could also use a new car. Mine is a 2001 Mercury Mountaineer with 160,000 miles.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 what kind of food are you making? Do share more details of your pop up event! It sounds exciting. :mrgreen2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 what kind of food are you making? Do share more details of your pop up event! It sounds exciting. :mrgreen2:

The first one was American-themed with Cream of Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup or Cheesy Nachos with an avocado and tomato salsa; followed by BBQ Pulled Pork or Field Mushroom served in a brioche bun with homemade coleslaw; finished off with Peanut Butter Cheesecake with a Chocolate Fudge topping.

I made everything except for the brioche buns, even the spiced tortilla chips (from larger seeded tortillas, tossed in spiced oil, then baked).

Next one in January is Chinese/Oriental with duck or stir-fried vegetables pancake with a tangy sauce; Beef Stew or Sweet and Sour Field Mushroom with Pineapple, both served with rice and seasonal stir-fried vegetables; finish off with Coconut Tapioca Pudding with fresh Mango.

DK :bigsmile:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one was American-themed with Cream of Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup or Cheesy Nachos with an avocado and tomato salsa; followed by BBQ Pulled Pork or Field Mushroom served in a brioche bun with homemade coleslaw; finished off with Peanut Butter Cheesecake with a Chocolate Fudge topping.

I made everything except for the brioche buns, even the spiced tortilla chips (from larger seeded tortillas, tossed in spiced oil, then baked).

Next one in January is Chinese/Oriental with duck or stir-fried vegetables pancake with a tangy sauce; Beef Stew or Sweet and Sour Field Mushroom with Pineapple, both served with rice and seasonal stir-fried vegetables; finish off with Coconut Tapioca Pudding with fresh Mango.

DK :bigsmile:

This is making my mouth water :lickout:
Are you thinking of making it permanent work? How exciting!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is making my mouth water :lickout:
Are you thinking of making it permanent work? How exciting!

No chance, as it does not pay well to make it full time.
What I took for the first event covered the cost of the ingredients and the food containers with a little bit to spare to cover the cost of the equipment I purchased.
However it did not cover the amount of time I spend preparing and making the food, and the 9 hours i spent at the venue hosting and serving on a Sunday!
I could earn the same amount that i took on the day in a few hours during weekdays doing my day job which is a desk job.
The day job fuels my passion in cooking and brings for certain.

DK :lol-2:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 that all sounds so scrumptious! I wish I lived near you so I could eat your delicious food. Do you hold the pop up events at a restaurant or other venue, or in someone's home?

Here is some baking I've done this weekend.. Chocolate orange babka with almond. It's similar to a brioche/challah style bread with orange zest and filled with dark chocolate.
IMG_20191207_211510_346.jpg
20191208_124009.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 that all sounds so scrumptious! I wish I lived near you so I could eat your delicious food.

Here is some baking I've done this weekend.. Chocolate orange babka with almond. It's similar to a brioche bread with orange zest and filled with dark chocolate.
IMG_20191207_211510_346.jpg
20191208_124009.jpg

OMG you are making me so hungry @mochiko42 :lickout:
Chocolate orange babka with almond. Now that is a babka I would do anything I needed to do to get...

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD 2 (8 years old) has proven to be very talented in horse riding , namely jumping. I'll be investing my bling fund into her qualification for the national championships. She needs 10 top 10 places all over the country to qualify. We're only on shetlands atm, so this is still doable. Competition and prices explode afterwards, so it might be her only shot. Between the starts, the training and the traveling I'll say bye bye to the tennis bracelet and the watch I was getting...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Likely dental work...as the insurance company isn’t yet cooperating with me.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari Thank you ever so much. I am appealing their denial decision because of my unusual circumstances. They agree that medical intervention is justified, however, it is not covered. :wall: How contradictory. I truly appreciate the positive vibes! ♥️

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Slick1 . Sending you good luck with the appeal.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari Thank you ever so much. I am appealing their denial decision because of my unusual circumstances. They agree that medical intervention is justified, however, it is not covered. :wall: How contradictory. I truly appreciate the positive vibes! ♥

Positive, health, healing and equitable vibes across the miles!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to have to put the brakes on jewelry and save up for a new car.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not buying jewellery because...

... I am instead spending faaaaaar too much on 'proper' shoes in the sales (that I don't need :???: :lol: ) and getting the cars fixed (which I do need) :( lol

I am hoping the former will help me look the part for the job interviews I need to attend soon, thanks to being made redundant! boooo!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results