shape
carat
color
clarity

Non-Traditional Songs To Walk Down The Aisle

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
I love the Boyce Avenue cover recommendation. :appl: I have considered using one of their songs, or maybe a Christina Perri song, like "Distance" (maybe that's a little weird, but I just think it's a beautiful song) or a Dave Mathews song called "You and Me."

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I just watched the season finale of Modern Family and they featured Vitamin String Quartet's version of Home by Edward Sharpe...omg dying. It's so gorgeous. And it's "our" song. I was thinking of doing "I Choose You" by Sara Bareilles because that one is adorable also but I think it has to be VSQ. Love love love!!!!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
We have actually switched songs. :twirl: I am walking down to Eternity by Big & Rich Feat. John Legend. I am loving 'I Choose You'! That will def be played at our reception. I have to check that song out, Pandabee!

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
pandabee|1402174927|3688572 said:
I just watched the season finale of Modern Family and they featured Vitamin String Quartet's version of Home by Edward Sharpe...omg dying. It's so gorgeous. And it's "our" song. I was thinking of doing "I Choose You" by Sara Bareilles because that one is adorable also but I think it has to be VSQ. Love love love!!!!!

Pandabee, I LOVE VSQ version of Home! "I Choose You" is a good upbeat choice... Have you seen the video for it? Very fitting and adorable :)

I'm also considering this for the walk-down-the-aisle song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sZoiWb2xE

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This probably won't apply to most of the brides here, but a few years ago when some *ahem* middle-aged choir friends married, the organist surprised them by playing her own version of "When I'm 64" as the recessional.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
"Suspicious Minds" Elvis Presley
"Here Comes My Girl" Tom Petty

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I walked down the aisle to an instrumental version of Color My World by Chicago, just as my mother did.

Rika

Rough_Rock
My husband and I had an acoustic flamenco guitarist play "Moliendo Cafe." It was perfect - romantic but a little bit faster than normal songs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results