shape
carat
color
clarity

Non-Traditional Songs To Walk Down The Aisle

Discussion in 'Bride World Wide & Grooms Grooves' started by StacylikesSparkles, Aug 30, 2012.

1. minidancer
    Shiny_Rock

by minidancer » May 20, 2014
    I love the Boyce Avenue cover recommendation. :appl: I have considered using one of their songs, or maybe a Christina Perri song, like "Distance" (maybe that's a little weird, but I just think it's a beautiful song) or a Dave Mathews song called "You and Me."

2. pandabee
    Ideal_Rock

by pandabee » Jun 7, 2014
    I just watched the season finale of Modern Family and they featured Vitamin String Quartet's version of Home by Edward Sharpe...omg dying. It's so gorgeous. And it's "our" song. I was thinking of doing "I Choose You" by Sara Bareilles because that one is adorable also but I think it has to be VSQ. Love love love!!!!!

3. antiquesparkler
    Brilliant_Rock

by antiquesparkler » Jun 23, 2014
    We have actually switched songs. :twirl: I am walking down to Eternity by Big & Rich Feat. John Legend. I am loving 'I Choose You'! That will def be played at our reception. I have to check that song out, Pandabee!

4. minidancer
    Shiny_Rock

by minidancer » Jun 25, 2014
    Pandabee, I LOVE VSQ version of Home! "I Choose You" is a good upbeat choice... Have you seen the video for it? Very fitting and adorable :)

I'm also considering this for the walk-down-the-aisle song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sZoiWb2xE

5. VRBeauty
    Ideal_Rock

by VRBeauty » Jun 26, 2014
    This probably won't apply to most of the brides here, but a few years ago when some *ahem* middle-aged choir friends married, the organist surprised them by playing her own version of "When I'm 64" as the recessional.

6. RandG
    Brilliant_Rock

by RandG » Jun 26, 2014
    "Suspicious Minds" Elvis Presley
    "Here Comes My Girl" Tom Petty

7. ponder
    Brilliant_Rock

by ponder » Aug 7, 2014
    I walked down the aisle to an instrumental version of Color My World by Chicago, just as my mother did.

8. Rika
    Rough_Rock

by Rika » Oct 18, 2014
    My husband and I had an acoustic flamenco guitarist play "Moliendo Cafe." It was perfect - romantic but a little bit faster than normal songs!