shape
carat
color
clarity

Non-toxic mattress?

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I am looking into buying a non-toxic mattress that won't break the bank. I have seen essentia mattresses advertised on The Dr. Oz show and Anderson, but they are quite expensive. I am not sure if they are worth the money...

If anyone has any experience, opinions or advice about finding a good quality non-toxic mattress, I am all ears!

Thanks!

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Thanks amc80! I didn't even know that costco sold non-toxic mattresses... I will put costco on my list of options!

I am looking for a queen mattress for myself and my SO, and a crib mattress too!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
My DH and I have an Essentia mattress, we got it about two years ago. I initially found out about them on this site because a couple other people had/have them, so if you search you might be able to find those threads. Anyway, we got the thicker version of the basic mattress and we like it a lot. I was considering going one level up but didn't want to spend the extra money at the time. I did think it had a bit of a funky smell for the first couple days, but after that it went away and now smells like nothing (a good thing). It can be a little chilly when you first slide into bed if the temperature of your bedroom is cool, though it heats up quickly and keeps me at a very comfy temperature. A featherbed or mattress pad would probably help with the initial chill, too. The two things I don't like as much are that it's a thinner mattress so regular sheets end up sliding around and bunching up, and it's a beast to move -- really heavy and floppy, so I was worried about it getting damaged. We bought ours sight unseen, but Essentia has a few stores open in the US now (not sure where you live) so if you're near one of those cities you could check them out in person first.

AKlamann

Rough_Rock
I feel your pain! I spent foreverrr trying to find a mattress that was actuallllly non-toxic without completely going broke. I ended up having to wait around for sales to hit before I was convinced. But I did end up finding mine here: http://www.ecomattressdeals.com/collections/all-mattresses They have a bunch of different kinds of mattresses depending on what you're looking for. I waited for the memory foam kind to go on sale last Spring. Six months in, still happy with the buy. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Octavia,

I will keep Essentia in mind.

Thanks AKlamann, but I live in Canada and the ecomattress site you sent me doesn't seem to ship to Canada.

I think that, in the end, I will go with Natura (I read some good reviews about their mattresses today). They have mattresses that are less expensive than Essentia and they are made in Canada too.

http://www.naturaworld.com/company/natura-story

Does anyone have a Natura mattress?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results