shape
carat
color
clarity

non-cultured pearls?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
How can you tell if a pearl is non-cultured? Or how would you guess, I suppose is a better question.

I have an antique pendant, with what looks like Mary or a woman carved out of coral, and there is a small irregular pearl above her. Its really bumpy in texture but has pretty luster.

Any thoughts? I would post pics but I am an idiot who can't figure resizing out, and also my macro mode is so bad you might not be able to tell anyway.

It was passed down to me, and it makes no difference really what kind of pearl it is, I am just really curious as it does not look like anything I have seen, unless maybe it is some kind of keshi I suppose.

Thanks!

ETA: I should add that what spurned this idea was SZH/Upgradable's stick pin (which, I hope, is found!)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Do you know when it was made?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
The only way to tell for sure is to have an appraiser (who specalizes in this) do an x-ray. Other than that, there's really no way to tell.

It sounds like a lovely piece, but I wouldn't bother going through the trouble unless i was considering selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results