shape
carat
color
clarity

Non applicable color or optical illusion

ioannis

Rough_Rock
Trade
Dear sir or maddame 2 days ago one little diamond came to my pawnshop..its included 1its color is id say i-j under white light of course and its strong blue fluorecence.strange think is that today under sunlight the diamond seemed to have a light purplish hue..and iam wondering could it be an optical ilusion due to the presence of ultraviolet light of sun or a non applicable color ...bellow i attach some photos which may help you understand what i mean...thank you all in advance..

_20151112_131156.jpg

_20151112_131018.jpg

img_20151112_131053.jpg

_20151112_0.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ioannis|1447328930|3948695 said:
Dear sir or maddame 2 days ago one little diamond came to my pawnshop..its included 1its color is id say i-j under white light of course and its strong blue fluorecence.strange think is that today under sunlight the diamond seemed to have a light purplish hue..and iam wondering could it be an optical ilusion due to the presence of ultraviolet light of sun or a non applicable color ...bellow i attach some photos which may help you understand what i mean...thank you all in advance..

I maybe see it slightly from those pictures, but strong blue fluorescence can show as a slight purplish hue from the UV light from the sun. Some people mistake the blue reflection from the sky as fluorescence. But fluorescence is more of a slight lavender tinge.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results