shape
carat
color
clarity

Noisy Neighbors... ughh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry you are having a tough time with neighbour noise. I do not know how to advise you, I could never manage to reconcile myself to other peoples noise and crap. I moved. To the middle of nowhere. It seemed that a lot of people could filter out that noise - I don''t know how they do it.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry you''re going through this too. I know that if I were in your situation I''d also be at my wits end. When I was younger and living at home, my little sister''s bedroom was in the basement and she used to play her music pretty loud with heavy bass. It drove me crazy and I would pound on the floor from my room to get her to turn it down (not the most tactful or mature way to handle this, I know!). She turned her music down and was a lot more considerate about how loud she played it because she is respectful and courteous.

I think there is a HUGE difference between ''living the free life'' and ''enjoying your youth'' and being kind and respectful to others. These girls seem incredibly immature and they don''t give a hoot about anyone else but themselves. I would call the cops just to let them know that there''s a line that they''ve crossed... and they need to learn how to be mature adults as that''s what living on your own entails.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Just had to say... Right now my neighbor''s EXTREMELY ANNOYING dog is barking barking barking!!!! She is always barking, she never shuts up, and the neighbors don''t do a damn thing. (Seriously, this dog barks for over 30 minutes straight at times!!) GRRRRRR!!!
29.gif
38.gif

Sorry if I threadjacked, I just had to comment on the annoying neighbor comment.......

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 7:03:19 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Just had to say... Right now my neighbor''s EXTREMELY ANNOYING dog is barking barking barking!!!! She is always barking, she never shuts up, and the neighbors don''t do a damn thing. (Seriously, this dog barks for over 30 minutes straight at times!!) GRRRRRR!!!
29.gif
38.gif

Sorry if I threadjacked, I just had to comment on the annoying neighbor comment.......
Uggghhh I feel you on this! The girls who used to live above us had a little yappy dog that they would lock in the bathroom for hours! The dog would bark and whine and everything and I resorted to banging on the wall to get it to shut up. The worst part is that I NEVER saw that dog. They never ever ever took it outside to go to the bathroom or get exercise. I guess it just had pee pads and carpet to use
20.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oobie, I live in a similar apartment complex. I feel for ya. Our current neighbors are major, major party animals. They have oodles of teenage girls piled into their place about four times a week, and they''ll party HARD til sunup. In the summer, I waded through them partying on the stairs outside the apartments to go to my car at 1AM, and when I walked back up, they''d piled all over the stairs, blocking them, and wouldn''t move when I asked them to politely... too busy drinking and smoking and screeching and giggling. Finally I just said hell with it and started stepping on people. Fun. Then they got out of the way! It''s a little better now that it''s winter- not so much with the girls hollering on the deck or partying on the stairs- but it gets very, very old, and I *hate* the nasty cigarette butts that get left all over. Luckily the bedroom is in the farthest corner away from the other apartments, so they could scream bloody murder (and probably do) and I can''t hear it. That, plus a loud white noise machine. In the seven years I''ve lived here, I''ve never had such wretched neighbors.

I also don''t think it sounds like you''re being over-reactionary or whatever- if you literally can''t sleep because of their noise, that crosses the line of what is acceptable, IMHO. I mean, sure you have to have a certain tolerance- we have one group of neighbors that has big loud parties maybe every couple of months, so who cares? Another neighbor installed a SERIOUS bass boost on his TV and plays GTA3 so loud stuff rattles on my mantle... but he does it in the middle of the day, never at night, and not nearly every day, so I couldn''t care less. But bunches of loud partiers on a deck three feet away from another deck at 3AM sucks, when it''s every other night. As I well know!

I do think your best bet is going through the apartment manager and/or cops. You''ve already done what you could with regard to taking care of it yourself. Or outlasting them. Partying, very young neighbors do tend to move on pretty quickly... if they''re students behaving that way, you *know* they''re not likely to pass their classes! I mean, I did my share of partying in my first apartment in college, but you *have* to study too. It can''t be constant or you flunk out, duh.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
You should knock on the door the next morning, and explain you got no sleep and were disturbed.

Ask for their phone number.

Call them every time they are too loud, lol!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain - DH and I lived in a place like this for over a year. Finally we got fed up and moved out - there really isn''t a good way to get through to people like this, IME, so your best bet may be to make yourself so obnoxious they move, or to move yourself. Sorry for the downer perspective - I wish I had some useful advice to give, but unfortunately I think people like this just don''t respond to any normal tactics...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 11:03:05 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Date: 2/5/2009 7:03:19 PM

Author: Tuckins1

29.gif
38.gif

Uggghhh I feel you on this! The girls who used to live above us had a little yappy dog that they would lock in the bathroom for hours! The dog would bark and whine and everything and I resorted to banging on the wall to get it to shut up. The worst part is that I NEVER saw that dog. They never ever ever took it outside to go to the bathroom or get exercise. I guess it just had pee pads and carpet to use
20.gif

Poor doggy! It''s completely the owner''s fault when animals behave like this... If my neighbors were responsible, they wouldn''t leave the dog outside for HOURS at a time (even in the extreme cold here in MI), and if they would actually tell the dog to SHUT UP once in a while, the dog wouldn''t act that way!!!!!

dendon

Shiny_Rock
We had neighbors like this when I lived in an apartment. I spoke with him, nothing changed. Spoke with the landlord, nothing changed. Finally called the police after listening to loud music and people dancing on the floor above me at around 2 am. They came over and issued a warning, they also issued a warning to the landlord that lived in the same building. That made the landlord take notice and everytime they made noise like that, I made sure to call the landlord no matter what time of the day or night it was and she would come over to take care of it. She finally evicted them after getting a few calls from me and a few citations from the police. BE PERSISTENT.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oobie, I feel ya on the neighbors thing...
14.gif

Does your complex have a noise clause? Maybe the landlord could move you into another apartment? I know it''s not the greatest solution, but at least you wouldn''t have to deal with Noisy Noisersons...Could they get kicked out because of that? What a horrible situation.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:59:50 AM
Author: oobiecoo
At what point does everyone think the noise is ok and at what point do you all think the cops should be called?
Prior to getting married, I lived in an apartment close to a private BAPTIST college. You would have thought the carousing and drinking would have been minimal. Ha! First taste of freedom away from the parents, I guess. . . .

I chose to call the police, and/or the answering service for the complex when the hoopla from the frat boys and their ditzy chics reached my ears after 11pm on a weeknight or 1am on Friday or Saturday. I thought I was being very accomodating.

Has your husband been over to bang on their door at 2am? Sometimes courtesy is completely lost on people and you must resort to ''testiness''.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results