shape
carat
color
clarity

No words...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Late today at my son's boarding school, there was a threat of a shooter. My son sent me pics of police swarming his campus. Helicopters over head. My heart was in my hands. All I could do is think of VT, and say please let my son be ok. On Wednesdays they only have a 1/2 day, the rest of the day can be spent playing sports, studying or hanging with friends. This happened this afternoon. My son sent me pics of the cop cars, he said there were SWAT teams on campus. He did as he was told, crouched down away from the windows. My heart was breaking. He's ok !!! The guy was shooting a pellet gun.
29.gif
I am not sure what a pellet gun is, but think it's like a BB gun?? He was trying to shoot at animals, someone saw him and called 911. For anyone connected to VT, I feel immensley your pain. As it could have happened to me today. I am very shakey, but will be ok.
15.gif

It's been on all the news channels. My mom saw it on Fox news and called right away.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa,

I''m sorry for the scare. Thank God everything is ok. Where is your son at?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh geeze, Lisa...what a nightmare.

Well thank God it turned out OK. I can''t even imagine how scared/sick you must have felt...

Yuck...what a world..

widget

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HUGS Lisa. Gosh, what was the bb gun kid thinking; what a sick sick joke in light of what happened yesterday. How shameful! I am so sorry. Really, what a scare; thank goodness it was a horrible joke. Give your son a huge hug.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Good Lord.

That's all I can say. I'm speechless.

All of this is too close to home, as I have a child leaving for college in the not too distant future.

Glad it was what it was. I hope they get that guy away from the campus. I hope the school has a good lock down policy.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so scary Kaleigh, I''m sorry. A pellet gun is like a BB gun, yes. I can relate to this story quite a bit, as someone on our campus was recently murdered (they have yet to catch the killer, who they believe was a student), and someone I know quite well was recently taken into custody for a psych evaluation after threatening to kill someone on Monday. It''s really scary out there. I''m glad your son is ok.

*M*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry, Lisa. I am glad to hear he is fine and that is was not a tragic situation.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I heard about this incident on the radio today!! OMG!!!! Thank goodness it was just a scare and your son (and everyone else too) are okay. So scary!!!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness Kaleigh, how scary! I''m relieved to know that your son is ok!

It''s a sensitive time right now because the VT shooting is so horrific. I hope you can find peace-of-mind knowing your son has a good head on his shoulders and will make the right choice if ever faced with a difficult situation.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Well, I hate to be the cynic, but its kind of expected for these things to happen.

Usually after something horrible like the Virginia shootings there will be copy cats and pranksters. it sucks, but its true.

good thing it wasnt a real gunman or anything.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have been a mess! I can''t imagine. I''m so glad that he, and everyone at his school are okay!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
How frightening, Kaleigh. I''m so glad your son is okay.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, big hugs outgoing to you and your son. The entire VT situation is so sad, and I'm just glad the thing that happend today at your son's school was was a misunderstanding with the pellet gun and that your son is OK.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry you and your son had to go through that. I heard there were a bunch of scares today including at VT again.

Just so awful.

How is your son now? Is he freaked out or has it all calmed down?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys.
1.gif
He's doing well, and is looking forward to coming home this weekend. He spared me some of the details, but they came out later on. Hubby is away on business in TX, so that made it super hard. Once we talked, he was full of emotion as you can imagine. But our son?? He made us proud today. And can't wait to hug him and kiss him over and over until he says quit it mom and dad...
3.gif

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 12:25:24 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

My daughter attends ASU.. today we had two emails from ASU''s parent''s association regarding the Virginia shootings

oh whoa.
I go to NAU.

We also had some letters about that too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
5.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If ANY kid thinks it is funny to prank a school or phone in a false threat, especially now...well, I have no words for THAT either
6.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, this is not an easy time for anyone, and things like this just make it worse, especially for parents and students. Sorry Kaleigh you had to go through this. I remember several bomb threats when I was in high school and also college, we students didn''t think much of it then, but if I were a student now I would definitely be affected and shaken by it.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, I''m so glad eveyrthing turned out OK. I wonder whether the world will ever be the same after this.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
How scary... I''m glad everyone''s all right.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh,
I''m glad your son''s ok, but I''m sorry for what you had to go through.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good grief, I''m glad he''s ok Kaleigh.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh,
How are you doing today? I am thinking of you and your son. Sorry you guys went through that.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa I am so sorry that you had to go through such a scare with your son. I am just glad it turned out okay. We live in such disturbing times.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

I am so very sorry for you scare. My thoughts are with you!

~K

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
THat was a terrible scare. I feel for you.Maybe they should really start concentrating on guns ( of any kind) and schools.I often see kids ( 4-6 yrs old )playing with toy guns.Can''t they get different kind of toy to play with? Where is this going to? Glad it turned out ok for you and your family..

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa, I''m soooo sorry! Yes, you hug and kiss that boy until he begs you to stop. And send him some from your PS friends. I know we are all so relieved that he is OK.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Lisa, I am so sorry you had to go through this, thank God he is ok.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am deeply saddened by how frequently people continue to astound me with their stupidity and cruelty. Shooting bb guns on campus, at animals
38.gif
, particularly after all this has been going on at VT? I mean, seriously?? That makes me so angry.

I am glad that this turned okay. I can understand why you would be shaken up. What is WRONG with people today!?
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results