shape
carat
color
clarity

No, Seriously. Please grade, let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarrey4

Rough_Rock
I posted this yesterday, and didn''t get any response! Let''s try it again! thanks!

Ok! I got it!

F VS2 1.04 Princess Cut

GIA cert
5.69x5.68x4.02
Depth: 70.8
Table: 72
Cutlet: none
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluor: none
Girdle: very thin to slightly thick

What do you think? good/bad? what would you think it''s worth? getting it appraised soon!

P2060003_edited2.JPG

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
No need to start a new thread. Just bump your thread up if you want more people to see it. Too confusing otherwise.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is no ''grading'' that can be done.
you can put your numbers into the ''pricescope your diamond'' search and look at prices for similar stones if you want to get an idea of price.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 8:21:20 AM
Author:jcarrey4
What do you think? good/bad? what would you think it''s worth? getting it appraised soon!
THAT will tell you far more than we can.
2.gif

jcarrey4

Rough_Rock
$6400

anyone know any great appraisers/gem institutes in the chicagoland area, preferably near Naperville?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are probably hundred thousand regular cut princess cuts to every one AGS 000 princess cut. The AGA Cut Class grading charts do a good job of screening diamonds for better cut versus poor cut. Although the proportion of folks on Pricescope seeking Ideal Cut diamonds ia high, the majority of the public, about 95% or more seek attactive alternatives to Ideal Cut, even in round diamonds. Its a matter of knowledge, marketing, price and availability.

There are many people with non-ideal princess cuts who have attractive and durable diamonds. The AGS 000 style is an unusual cut configuration which may succeed and become more commonly available over time. Maybe some other styles will also become AGS 000 princess cuts, too. The development of fancy shape cut grading is still in its relative infancy.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks attractive. But anyone can put a given diamond in a certain environment designed to induce blingage. That''s why a controlled environment is so important.

You have it, let your eyes be the judge!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I just did a search here for diamonds with the same specs and almost all of them were less than $5000. Does your price include a setting? Otherwise, I think it is high.

jcarrey4

Rough_Rock
So....I noticed everyone was making some interesting comments on my stone, but I just had it appraised yesterday, and the appraiser gave me a range, saying:

"You could pay anywhere from $6200 to $9500 on this stone, but the appraisal will be...$7650. How much did you pay?"

So I told her, and she said I got a really good deal.

So, I''m not sure what part of the diamond specs I don''t have posted, or where the confusion is, but it just seemed like everyone here had the opposite view, like I paid way too much. What am I not considering?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you try doing a price search for diamonds with the same specs (1.04 f/vs2)? there is only ONE diamond over $6000 and it is $6320. there are a few that are around 5k and more than half are in the 4k range.

that is where the information about paying too much was coming from.

regardless, enjoy your diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results