shape
carat
color
clarity

No Pics, but Tybee''s engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
We haven''t set a date, I''d like to wait until I''m done with grad. school. I feel like I am very lucky.

The stone is perfect to me. He picked it out himself(with a little coaching about how cut is more important to me than carat or clarity--thanks PS!) and it''s very sweet.

The whole story is a little sweet.

I have been bugging Gill for an outdoor fireplace..the lawn and garden type. I have been talking about one forEVER. It''s been a sort of running joke for us.

Anyhow, last night I was supposed to have class. Gill had this big plan. He''d bought the fireplace and was going to assemble it and have a fire going in the backyard with two chairs and a bottle of wine that we''d bought together in Sonoma last year and saved for a "special occasion." So when I came home from class he''d be there in front of the fire etc. Well, class was canceled last night. I called him on my way home, happy to have the extra time to run the dogs around. He seemed a little frazzled when I called, but I didin''t think anythingn of it. I got home and went for a run. Gill thought he could still pull it off, but when I came home from the run, there he was in the living room with a half assembled fireplace and nuts and bolts everywhere. (oh, so funny.)
I''m sort of glad that class was cancelled, because the silliness at fumbling to put that fireplace together just makes me giggle

Well, I was so excited about the fireplace, he could have left it at that! After we put it together as a team, he told me what a big commitment the fireplace was, and he wasn''t sure that he wanted to go into it unless I''d agree to marry him (sniffle) yup, he got down on one knee. He''d even called my dad that afternoon to get his blessing. (My dad was very impressed.)

We opened our wine, and called family members. Then we went to our favorite restaurant,AGAVE one that used to be located right between our two houses--so we could meet there.. When we walked in the door I quickly announced that we were engaged--and we got free drinks and our meal comped too! They suggested we have our rehearsal dinner there...hmmm...wedding plans? I really just wanted to be engaged...he he...

Then we went home and lit our fire, drank our wine, cuddled with our dogs, and talked about our life...and felt pretty excited together. It was a really really sweet night.

Okay the ring is in a temporary setting (so I still get to shop around for my setting.)
But here are the specs (by the way the size is perfect for my size 6 finger...)

Carat weight: 0.88

Cut: Ideal

Color: H

Clarity: VS1

Depth %: 61.8%

Table %: 55%

Symmetry: Excellent

Polish: Excellent

Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted

Culet: None

Fluorescence: Faint

Measurements: 6.25x6.12x3.82 mm

It''s no HUGE rock, but to me it''s perfect. I am so happy, and so giddy right now. I just wanted to say thank you to all you sweet people for sharing your stories, and teaching me so much. I will send hand pics soon. My camera isn''t the best, so everything I''ve tried has come out blurry. My FI thinks I''m nuts, but he''s bringing a good camera home from work tonight so we can try to take some hand shots.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
OH HOW SWEET!!!!!

Congraturaltions!! what a cutie he is, that is SO SO NICE! He must have panicked when you called!!

YAY!

Congratulations!

I''m sure your ring is BEEEEEUTIFUL!!!

Enjoy!! :)

njc

Brilliant_Rock
What a cute proposal! I can totally picture him going into panic mode when you called and said you were on the way home.
23.gif
Cant wait to see the pics! Congratulations again!!!
30.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol
poor guy must have been in a panic but it worked out!
Congrates!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Isn''t that just like life - full of unexpected twists and turns. Sounds like the two of you had a beautiful evening together, and a beautiful proposal. Congratulations to the two of you!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
YYYEEAAAAAHHHHH TYBEE!!!!! CONGRATS AND WE NEED PIX!!!!!
36.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Such a cute story. I love it.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Tybee, that is such a great story and sounds like a gorgeous stone from the specs you posted!!!!

You are one lucky girl!

Don''t forget about posting pics when you get the chance....

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
AAHHHHHHHH, what a great story. He sounds like a super thoughful guy. Best wishes on your engagement, and don''t forget those pics!

reena

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful proposal story (and i''m sure there is a beautiful ring to match--post pics!!!). congratulations!!!
emlove.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh how cute! i''ve always thought the best proposal stories are the ones that don''t go perfectly to plan...it makes much more human and much more memorable and heartwarming (no specific reference to the fireplace here)....i love it! pics ASAP please!!!!!!!!!!!

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwwwwww...... another sweet "fireplace" proposal. I loved it...!!
37.gif
16.gif

Congrats to you both and enjoy that fireplace you both built together.
1.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''m a geek. I took this with my picture phone...better picture to come, I promise!
Note the wrinkled hand...and crooked pinky!

crookedpinky.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Tybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I loved the proposal. How sweet. I''m so happy for the two of you.

Your ring is lovely- It is so frickin'' white ( I like the phone picture-cool)
Love that Faint Fluor.
What''s the final setting going to be? I''m a sucker for the solitaire too. Oh hell- I just love diamonds.

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
I love the proposal story! So funny and sweet
1.gif
1.gif
Congratulations on your engagement and have fun finding a setting to go with your lovely stone
1.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Tybee--So happy for you! Why can''t I ever seem to get through a proposal story without bawling?! It''s an extemely sweet story and definitely one that will be fun to tell for many years to come...Congratulations!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee, that''s adorable!!
30.gif
There''s something about our men totally botching the perfect evening they''d planned that''s so sweet and loveable and quintessentially....them!
2.gif

Congrats, and enjoy picking out your new setting!!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful stone, Tybee---I am so happy for you!!!! It looks perfect on your hand, but what sort of setting are you thinking about?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Tybee, the ring looks great on your hand...You are right that the stone is perfect for your finger size. And I also adore the proposal story! How cute that he was frantically trying to put together the fireplace while you were out running!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! That is such a sweet proposal!! How adorable. And I gotta tell you - I really want one of those outdoor fireplaces - as soon as we get a house it''s at the top of my list.

Congrats again - and post more pics when you have them - the ring looks amazing!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2004 12:48
6.gif
3 PM
Author: sevens one
Oh Tybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I loved the proposal. How sweet. I''m so happy for the two of you.

Your ring is lovely- It is so frickin'' white ( I like the phone picture-cool)
Love that Faint Fluor.
What''s the final setting going to be? I''m a sucker for the solitaire too. Oh hell- I just love diamonds.
I''m not sure about the final setting...any ideas? This one rides up really high! I''m afraid I''m going to blind someone! Then again..I kind of love it!

ridinhigh.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
You mean you don''t have any settings in mind??????
Do you want side stones?
Do you want to make it a threesome? (
9.gif
)
What shaped sidestones?
How about the xprong solitaire in platinum (it sits low) and a funky fresh diamond band.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray Tybee!!! Your ring is beautiful as-is, so I can''t wait to see what setting you end up getting!! I coached my b/f on that too, cut is key, clarity and carat can be sacrificed, in my book. It definitely turned out well for you!!! Congratulations!

Enjoy your new status, hopefully I''ll join you there soon! Wear it in health and happiness
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Congrats! I am very happy for you--enjoy this wonderful time in your life. And your diamond is gorgeous! More pics soon, please!
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
tybee, congratulations on your engagement, and what a sweet proposal
emlove.gif
your ring is beautiful and looks super white! wear it in good health always
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Tybee- Your ring is beautiful! So much sparkly!!!!!!!!!!! Not a bad shot for a camera phone!!!!!!!! It is a high setting, but if it doesn''t get in your way, you could keep it that high.. There is a girl in my class who has a fairly high set center stone with much lower baguettes on the side. It is nice.. becuase its got the sparkle on the sides but still has the look of a solitaire from the profile view.

Melissa

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is such a sweet story and your ring is gorgeous. Best of luck to you both

reena

Ideal_Rock
holy white sparkliness! even on a cameraphone shot. wow. congratulations!!!

now, on with the pics!

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Great pic. I need that camera phone, it turned out amazing. So what were you thinking for settings??? Can''t wait to see more pics.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee!

Your ring is incredible!!! And that with a picture phone! Wow! Congratulations on your engagement. I wish you both, and the dogs a very happy life together! You mentioned that the knife edge was a temporary setting. What kind of setting are you going to get???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results