shape
carat
color
clarity

No longer flying solo . . . jet''s pro pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Jet!!! Your wedding is one of the most unique and fun ones I''ve seen and I''ve saved this thread to my favorites.
36.gif

Lori

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Love the photos jet. You two make a lovely pair! Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i honestly mean this as a compliment.

i saw the mossy oak pattern when DH and i were picking out his tux. we both laughed and wondered who actually wore those, and decided they must be a redneck.

you have proven us both wrong. you have classed up the camo vest in a way i never knew possible, and it looks wonderful! i love it! your colors are great!

congrats!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the comments so far. The couple that was host & hostess for the reception gave me a CD this morning that had some good shots of the reception decor. I'll get a few resized and posted.

Travel Goddess--Hope your FI is inspired. The reception had some other hunting themed ideas.

Blackpaw, vc10um, jaylex--thank you, guess the car is still popular.
3.gif

chiquitapet, taovandel, treefrog, princessplease, honey22, MissGotRocks, loriken, icekid--thanks for the kind words. Our photog was really great at getting everyone to relax and be themselves. He actually only does photography part-time but has a great eye and is very personable. (he is an engineer of some kind, I believe)

tyty, yes the vest is camo theme, Mossy Oak to be specific. The bridesmaids dresses came from some of the browns, the groomsmen's vests were picked because of how well they matched the red oak leaves in the pattern and the reception table decor was also inspired by the camo fabric.

AmberGretchen & oddoneout, thank you. The florist that did them was the only one we talked to that "got" us as a couple and our ideas for the day. We didn't expect quite as much yellow in the flowers as what they turned out to have, but then you look at some of the outdoor pictures and can see that they were perfect.

charbie, thank you for the compliment. I probably do qualify as redneck, but my lovely wife has an terrific sense of color and style and really made the day work.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Wedding cupcakes. We had a three tier cake, as well, but neither of us were happy with how it turned out. Many of the guests thought the cake was great, but it just wasn''t up to the standard we had in mind. The Hershey''s kisses are a theme in our relationship, so were included throughout the reception. Our first Valentine''s Day as a couple I had to be out of town so I hid kisses all over her cubicle and left a note saying "Every time you find a kiss is another time I am thinking of you" Since that day, we have given Hershey''s kisses to each other when we have to be gone for a day or longer.

jetwedding17.JPG

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Table decorations. We used banquet style seating due to space constraints with assigned spots only for immediate family and the wedding party and their families.

The runners were colored burlap and decorated with fall garlands. The whole reception was DIY by the Mrs. and I.

jetwedding18.JPG

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
The other color of runners and better picture of the garland.

jetwedding19.JPG

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
OK, this one is for Travel Goddess's FI and may change charbie's mind about the redneck thing

Centerpieces/munchies (mints, nuts and more Hershey's kisses) were combined on some gorgeous plates we found at Hobby Lobby--some were gold, some a deep red. The little white balls are mint pearls and see if you can figure out what the green mint cups are--the pic with the green runner may help you figure it out, too.

jetwedding16.JPG

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
If you said shotgun shells, you are absolutely right! We used empty hulls as part of the centerpieces and to hold the mints. Had many comments about a shotgun wedding
20.gif
, but it actually all worked well and looked surprisingly good. We also had a lot of comments about how the reception really showed off our personalities, and that the shells were a perfect compliment to the camo.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Love the faux wrap and photogs use of color!!

Gorgeous!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
their all so beautiful! i love that wacky photo of the group and the pastor!

congratulations mr & mrs jet!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha I love it all! I laugh just because I was smiling so much through the pictures! Seriously, the camo is great. And I love the shotgun shells. Not many people are confident enough to add such personal touches to decorations, but I think it makes things so much more fun. Love the Hershey Kisses too - that's very sweet.

Your wedding party looks like a blast too. Glad you guys had such a good time - congrats!!

Oh, and I looove the b/w car photo with you guys up against it.

PS - Tell your wife she is beautiful!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Wow what wonderful pictures, you and your wife look lovely! The cupcakes and the story behind them are so sweet and are a great personal touch.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful couple! I love autumn-the colors are amazing. Not done looking at the photos yet, but I just saw the Mossy Oak vest-I love it! That would SO get the thumbs up from my husband! I think he''d be ok having another ceremony to renew our vows if he could wear a vest like that!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, and the shotgun shells! Awesome! Did you have other hunting things as well?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
congrats to you both - everything looked beautiful - I especially love the real photo of the bridal party awesome shot :D

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Yay, everything looks awesome! I love the colors you picked (and the vest that inspired them).

And your venue is absolutely awesome. It''s a bit traditional, but a bit unexpected.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
my favorites are the goofy photo at the altar and the romantic black&white one of you and hubby next to the car.

please come share your photos on the Newlyweds forum if you haven't done so already.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Jet!!! you are such a beautiful couple. Your pictures are amazing! Hope you stick around RT even after all this.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like you had a great day!! Congratulations!! That car is gorgeous.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words. We realized that many of the ideas for the wedding would not be to everyone''s taste, but they really made the day personal and special for us.

tlh--the Mrs really loved the wrap, too and it was perfect for the outdoor pictures on a fall day that was just cool enough to need something. The only problem was the darn thing shed all over the black tux and we didn''t have a lint roller! Oh well.

cleokizzy, Deelight, noelwr, bee*--thanks, have to hand it to the photog for getting some great shots of personalities and unique touches.

strawberries--I tell her all the time that she is beautiful and usually get
20.gif
. I''m not going to quit telling her, though.
2.gif

purselover--thank you. We both felt the wedding had to be personal, and this was one way, even though most of the guests didn''t know why there were so many kisses everywhere.

packrat--the other outdoor/hunting things were more subtle. For instance, the card basket was made of bent willow branches, the guest book was recovered with Mossy Oak fabric, and I convinced the new FIL leave his shotgun in the car
9.gif
OK, kidding on that one, but we were worried about Mrs. Jet''s brother being available to walk her down the aisle--luckily Kansas pushed opening day of waterfowl season back to the 31st, otherwise he might have shown up in waders.

elrohwen--you hit it on the head. We have several times described our style as traditional, with modern touches and a funky twist. The venue was perfect. None of the posted pics show it, but the studio has pictures of blues musicians, paintings and album art all over the entry and back wall. Combining the traditional venue and modern/bluesy music with the personal touches really made the day feel like "us".

D&T--not planning on leaving RT anytime soon, unless you guys kick me out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results