shape
carat
color
clarity

No idea what these CGs are, crazy to just go ahead and reset ?

Xtine

Rough_Rock
Hello, am an occassional lurker on here so this is likely my first post.
I have no knowledge or experience with CG but saw this ring in a local auction and although i hadn't a clue what is might be i just loved the colour so i went for it. Turns out the pendant was included in the lot and i've become really fond of that stone also.
image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg
I actually thought they were matching stones but on closer examination the round stone has a slight violet tone, but not sure my photos show that very well.

I'm travelling overseas in 2 weeks time and will be visiting a jeweller i've used there before for a couple of bespoke diamond pieces and i've already checked they're happy to reset these both for me.
The round one i feel i'll reset into a simple 6 prong, tulip basket, with a petite pave shank.
The pendant i see as a full on blingy cocktail ring with pave halo and split shank.

I considered sending them off to have the stones identified first but that will cost more than the stones actually cost and although i'd love to know what both stones are i think i would still go ahead with the reset whether they turned out to be topaz or aqua or whatever.

I guess what i'm wondering is would anyone else go to the expense of resetting an unknown stone in gold with diamonds, or would you just go with your heart knowing you'll love them anyway (presumming they're not glass or even plastic lol) ?

ChanterelleJ

Rough_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't be surprised if both stones would turn out as synthetic spinel.

In any case, two very pretty pieces :love:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are pretty pieces, but they do look like what ChanterelleJ said, synthetic spinel.

Xtine

Rough_Rock
Thank you both ChanterelleJ and Chatoyancy.
Perhaps I’m more of a snob than I thought, as it seems the word synthetic gives me the heebeejeebees.

Am seriously wondering if I have time to get a new proper stone before I travel in 2 weeks. And whilst that’s being set I can have the existing 2 properly checked out.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you both ChanterelleJ and Chatoyancy.
Perhaps I’m more of a snob than I thought, as it seems the word synthetic gives me the heebeejeebees.

Am seriously wondering if I have time to get a new proper stone before I travel in 2 weeks. And whilst that’s being set I can have the existing 2 properly checked out.
You aren’t a snob! I understand. The settings are lovely and I think you have time to get another stone. Two weeks might be enough time to check the existing stones. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results