shape
carat
color
clarity

No HW earrings for me for the time being?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been coveting these for months:
http://www.harrywinston.com/go.php/d_Jewels/d03_Earrings,Single-Loop

But I'm also tempted by this cruise:
http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=50db7c06-3af7-4767-88f2-b9356503e9a7&CruiseUID=b33d69cb-b816-4f6f-8286-6c39070160d9

Since I can't have everything, please help me choose. If I choose the earrings, I still get a short holiday in the Malidves. I'm aware that this is a frivolous problem, so please accept my apologies should I offend any of you.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your funny. If you can afford it and you are saving money too, WHY NOT! I would sooooo do the trip. I love to travel and some of those places I have been too and they are wonderful!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Frivolous? On a diamond board??? I''m cracking up! I''d take the earrings in a heartbeat. I''m NOT a fan of cruises, though, so my opinion is skewed.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Earrings. But as much as I love to travel, the idea of a cruise doesn''t appeal to me either, so that may be influencing my decision.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been on a cruise, but the idea of tooling around the Mediterranean for 2 weeks is highly attractive.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, they are both things you could get later, so pick the one you just HAVE to have now.
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,
This may be a dumb question, but how is the cruise more expensive than the earrings and a trip to the Maldives?

Also do your trip through CIT. Here is the website. My hubby and I loved it; people pick you up; and take you all over. It is NOT a travel group. http://www.cittravel.com.au/

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
TRIP to the Mediterranean or earrings? Mediterranean

But CRUISE to the Mediterranean or earrings? Earrings.

The idea of being stuck on board a ship for two weeks with potentially obnoxious tourists does not appeal...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Two weeks is a looooong time for a first cruise. Are you sure you will like it? For two weeks of fun, just take two weeks off of work and stare at yourself in your new Harry Winston earrings.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:37:06 PM
Author: Miranda
Two weeks is a looooong time for a first cruise. Are you sure you will like it? For two weeks of fun, just take two weeks off of work and stare at yourself in your new Harry Winston earrings.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm, We went on a cruise and I got sea sick. 2 weeks is a long time. I''d rather fly to Italy.. And what about the Maldives?? Or has that been scrapped???

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i''d pass on the earrings and the cruise and take a non-cruise trip or get a different jewelry item. but you should get which ever you like.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:33:39 PM
Author: Skippy123
Harriet,
This may be a dumb question, but how is the cruise more expensive than the earrings and a trip to the Maldives?

Also do your trip through CIT. Here is the website. My hubby and I loved it; people pick you up; and take you all over. It is NOT a travel group. http://www.cittravel.com.au/
It''s not a dumb question at all. I just asked DF that this morning. However, the cruise is a few grand more than the earrings+Maldives combo. A a few grand not spent is a few grand saved!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:35:27 PM
Author: neatfreak
TRIP to the Mediterranean or earrings? Mediterranean

But CRUISE to the Mediterranean or earrings? Earrings.

The idea of being stuck on board a ship for two weeks with potentially obnoxious tourists does not appeal...
My fellow passengers could be as nice as you guys.
2.gif
The itinerary is pretty good -- there''s only 1 full day at sea, I think.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:37:06 PM
Author: Miranda
Haha!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:40:59 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Hmm, We went on a cruise and I got sea sick. 2 weeks is a long time. I''d rather fly to Italy.. And what about the Maldives?? Or has that been scrapped???
The Maldives have not been scrapped. The choice is between (1) the cruise and (2) the Maldives + the earrings.
Hope you''re recovering well.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully this will change your mind to choosing European charm and wonderful shopping!
I can't even begin to tell you how breathtaking the Amalfi Coast and Capri are!!! The FOOD!

homeamalficoast.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh Skippy Girl...

Please tell us where that photo was taken...

DKS

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the website: http://www.italytraveller.com/en/r/amalfi-coast

I just wanted to find a pic to show Harriet how gorgeous it is. I should actually dig up some pictures I took but then I would have to get my hubby to help me scan the pics. Maybe this weekend.
31.gif
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy dear,
I'd love to see your own pictures!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
earrings and a short trip. best of both worlds!!
31.gif
27.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
skippy, that scene looks divine. have you been there? sorry for the hijack harriette.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,
Of my trip or of what I find on the internet? If it is my trip I need to get my hubby to scan them because back then we did not have a digital camera.

I have been there and I talk about it to friends and family since it was SO gorgeous. I love Hawaii but if I had the bucks to spend a few weeks on the Amalfi Coast and Greece, oh baby I would be there!
31.gif

Crown, yes I was in Italy for 2 1/2 weeks for our honeymoon. I loved it! We started flew into Milan and a car took us to Como (gorgeous), then Florence, Venice, Rome, Sorrento, Capri and back to Rome. Harriet, you are killing me if you don't go. If you go I will be SO incredibly jealous. Especially since you sound like you are going to Greece and Spain.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
crown 1,
No worries.
1.gif

Skippy,
Of your trip. But, don't worry if it's too much trouble.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I will look and ask hubby to post pics. I loved it sooooo much. I wish someone else who went too would chime in. I am sure they would feel the exact same way as me. Have you seen under the Tuscan sun!!! Rent it. I cried when I saw the movie because it reminded me of my hubby's and my time there! Plus the food is to die for and the people are so nice and they dress wonderful! Gelato every night!

Harriet, sooooo sorry for being a big hijacker.
15.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hijack away!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL.
9.gif
Just for that I will GO LOOK FOR MY PICS so I convince you to GO. The Maldives do sound nice but you will have tons to do in Europe also, on your honeymoon you probably want to relax. Okay, I don't know now. My hubby and I were up at 6 and to bed at 11 or midnight. You almost need a vacation from the vacation.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 9:08:26 PM
Author: jcrow
earrings and a short trip. best of both worlds!!
31.gif
27.gif
Hi jcrow,
The problem is that I don''t know how long it will be before I can take 2 weeks off again.

elle

Shiny_Rock
The stops are too many and too short - too Nam Ho tour like... I''m exhausted just reading about it! I LOVE Italy, much rather go to 2 or 3 places and get to know it better, enjoy lazy breakfasts and long dinners, plus the shopping!

Thus the earrings and the Maldives get my vote by default.

See I''m frivolous enough to actually answer your post!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for being frivolous too. There are indeed quite a number of stops, but my other half has not seen any of these places.
Nam Ho? Are you from Singapore?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results