shape
carat
color
clarity

NO DOGS ALLOWED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 3:19:51 AM
Author: omieluv
Not sure if you would win that bet. I say this because we really do not know for certain whether she is a pure ragdoll. When I adopted Omie, her foster mom believed her to look like a ragdoll, or at least a mix. However, I have learned that the only way to know if you have a purebred raggie, is by having registration papers. The logic behind this is that there are many mixed cats (moggies) that look like raggies. Omie does not have the ''typical'' disposition of a raggie, meaning that she does not do the raggie flop, which is characteristic of that breed. Additionally, she does not go limp when you hold her, which is another hallmark of the breed. However, she did have a rough start at life, so maybe she is not comfortable displaying these behaviors. I have had her 2 years & she doing beautifully, so maybe in a few years she may surprise us.
Of course, none of us know without papers, and unless you get your pet from a breeder, you''re never going to have those. But omie looks very much like a ragdoll. She has the facial markings of a snowshoe but one of her paws is dark and she has quite long hair so definitely not a snowshoe, but I would still bet money she''s got ragdoll in her blood.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie, Katana is so pretty! I''m so glad to see she''s come out. What does her name mean? Does it mean anything?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwwww, Katana is such a pretty girl!!!!!! I''m glad she has a new home.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my big kitty, Tori.

tori at ease.JPG

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe, thanks everyone!

Omie, her little pink feet have been kissed!
1.gif

FireGoddess, a katana is a type of japanese sword. FI is pretty into japanese culture and I actually bought him a katana for his last birthday. There was also a character in Mortal Kombat (3 perhaps?) named Kitana. She wore purple and was my favorite
1.gif

ETA: Julia, Tori is so cute!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, Katana is just precious!!! Love her blue eyes!!

Julia, Tori is adorable!!!

kimko

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry, I''m not so smart, there''s so much to learn, but people are and were very fond of me!

But why no dogs allowed? I have a chocolate brown cocker spaniel called Bentley, he''s not just cute to look at, he takes me through the woods, by the rivers edge, along the old railway track onto the canal tow path. We feed the ducks and the swans, Okay he tries to catch them, he''s from the field strain. He introduces me to the nicest people. Why he''s my limo to take me to the shops and I wouldn''t swap him for the Bentley in the previous article. Which coincidently, was made just down the road from me in wet and windy Cheshire, England. The Cheshire Cat whose lost her cream.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
  1. Introducing my two Maine Coon Cats. The first pic is of Woody. He's my big boy, weighing 18 lbs. He's 18 years old and feeling fine. He's very sweet and loves everyone.

DSC00304 Woody 1.JPG

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
2. Meet Abigail. She's is our little girl. She's six years old and 11 lbs and quite the fussy madame. It's her way or no way
2.gif

DSC00348 Abby 1.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 11:00:31 PM
Author: kimko
I''m sorry, I''m not so smart, there''s so much to learn, but people are and were very fond of me!

But why no dogs allowed? I have a chocolate brown cocker spaniel called Bentley, he''s not just cute to look at, he takes me through the woods, by the rivers edge, along the old railway track onto the canal tow path. We feed the ducks and the swans, Okay he tries to catch them, he''s from the field strain. He introduces me to the nicest people. Why he''s my limo to take me to the shops and I wouldn''t swap him for the Bentley in the previous article. Which coincidently, was made just down the road from me in wet and windy Cheshire, England. The Cheshire Cat whose lost her cream.
There is a thread for dogs called NO Kitty cats allowed. You can post pics of Bentely there...
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 11:54:54 PM
Author: risingsun

1. Introducing my two Maine Coon Cats. The first pic is of Woody. He''s my big boy, weighing 18 lbs. He''s 18 years old and feeling fine. He''s very sweet and loves everyone.
Woody is such a gorgeous cat, sure doesn''t look 18. Love his eyes!! And Abigail is beautiful, she looks like she rules the house!!! I love Miane coon cats, my friend had one growing up.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh--Woody is a wonderful cat. He truly loves everyone and lets anyone pet him. He's very patient. Abby is a terror
6.gif
She can be loving, but she rules the house! I posted a pic of Abby with our d-o-g at the end of the "other" pet thread. It's priceless
3.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Main Coons are so cool!! I love big & fluffy cats!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh! Each one is as beautiful as the next! Boy I love this thread!

I'm laughing bc Katana looks like the white Vinny....Same look...Bubble above head reads "You worthless humans...Do my bidding...But yhy oh why can't I help myself from loving you" :)

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I just had to post one of my kittie's new sleeping arrangements. On my daughter's head. Why he has decided this is his new roost, we don't know, but he's been there for a week and it looks like it's permanent.

catinbed.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn,

That''s exactly how our cats sleep too much of the time. It''s so cute! I love Buster! He''s so adorable...

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I just love looking at everyone's kitties!! Here's our Forrest. The first pic is from a week before our wedding, when I was putting together our favor boxes. The frames were one of the favors. We decided to put Forrest's pic in them because he's a big part of our lives and we wanted to include him in the wedding somehow. I just love how regal he seems- he definitely knows he's the King of the house!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Tee Hee!!! Love all the babies!!!!

Well, I'm exhausted. My first day back from vacation and I get a call from a co-worker in the parking lot...There is a KITTEN STUCK IN A TRUCK ENGINE. OMG. It took hours and a gentleman who knew his cars and some other very kind people including the car owner who was willing to take the train home and leave the car, but the beast was finally extracted after 2 hours!!! A STUNNING 6 week old non-feral Siamese kitten (or mix most likely).....If anyone is in NY and is interested, please let me know...Pix to follow. Indoors only please :) Meow!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh shoot. I actually wanted a Siamese mix in the future. Too bad I''m not in NY! Oh wait - I just picked up a stray. Can''t have any more!!!

What a good thing you did saving that poor kitty!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a cute litter of cats, my new kitty is in this pile - can you guess which one he is??

416x375.aspx

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG kitties!!! Is it this one?

416x375xx.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG- THEY ARE SO CUTE! I want all of them!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 12:15:03 PM
Author: treysar
Here''s a cute litter of cats, my new kitty is in this pile - can you guess which one he is??

416x375.aspx
How did you pick just ONE?

They are just so fuzzy and snuggly... and I just want to reach in there and kooosh them!!
The one above the one FG chose would be my choice-- IF I had to choose one.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I hope it''s this one!

kits6773.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updated kitty pics:
Here''s my CRF kitty who used to be a porky 12 pounder, dropped to 7.5 pounds when diagnosed, and is now up to a normal 9 pounds with the proper dietary changes only. No meds and no prescription diet. And she''s an grand dame too at 13 years old!

sleepyhead.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She''s giving me the "Are you done yet?" look.

KingofStairs.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s it! I''m outta here.

OuttaHere.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, she''s beautiful!! What dietary changes did you make, if you don''t mind me asking? Neither of my kitties are in that situation but Chloe has had kidney stones so it''s something I worry about as she gets older. I would love to hear what worked for you. Such a beautiful kitty!

Treysar, stop with the suspense...which kitty is yours?!?!!?
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, FG. My kitty gets all wet food only, no dry kibbles. Through trial & error (and the food recall fiasco), she gets a rotation of the following: Solid Gold (meat & fish mix), By Nature Organics (Chicken & Mackeral, Turkey & Chicken), Evangers (Organic Braised Chicken, Seafood & Caviar), Wysong Turkey AuJus.

These were chosen because:
1. No byproducts
2. No wheat & corn gluten (rice is not in the 1st 3 ingredients, and is organic brown rice) & grain fillers
3. No fruits and vegetables (I read that cats don't need fruits like humans since they are true carnivoures)
4. No garlic & onions (toxic to cats), No chemical preservatives
5. No alfalfa (supposedly not good for cats)
33.gif

6. Low phosphorus (anything between 0.2% to 0.8%), Low sodium
7. High good quality protein from meat sources (30% and upwards)
8. None made in Menu Food locations

The rotation is so that she won't get bored with the taste. She's fed 2.5 oz of wet food 3 times a day (6am, 5pm and 10pm) with full access to water. If she needs more, she'll jump into my tub or sit by the sink. That's her signal to me that she wants running tap water.
9.gif

I did a lot of research and Tanya's CRF website is a godsend. With this modified diet, my cat not only put back on some weight, she regained her energy, stopped throwing up, and her fur returned to its former glossy state. I hope to be able to extend her quality of life and avoid the sub-Q and meds and stuff for as long as possible. I'm sure there must be a similiar webstie for Kidney stone cats out there too.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
The kitty that we have choen is at 2 o''clock - he''s looknig right at the screen with a white face. He''s grey - his name is MERLIN - AWWWWWWW :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results