shape
carat
color
clarity

no certification

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nstone

Rough_Rock
I bought a solitaire princess cut ring last month without any certification papers. The jeweler said the appraisal papers will arrive weeks later. I asked how they can appraise it sight unseen, he said they have the number/information on the ring. I got the paper today appraising it for exactly what the jeweler said. The only stats I have on the diamond is that it's G color, VS1, and .50. The ring cost $1,300. How do I get certification at this point?:((

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Nstone,

For such a small stone grading report (certificate) might not be neccessary. Besides, GIA report would cost you some $100-$200.

You might just want to show the ring to independent gemologist/appraiser in order to verify the data you've been given.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
it is very very uncommon for diamonds to be certified.
Internet selling has caused more demand for certified stones because no one trusts each other.
If you have a good relationship with the retailer and you like the ring, then there is no need to be concerned and ask for an independant appraisal.
If in doubt - then do what you feel you must.

nhungle

Rough_Rock
I just bought a 1ct diamond without any certificate. Does anyone know if I can submit my diamond to such lab as GIA, IGI for a certificate?

larry

Rough_Rock
Why don't you send it to David Atlas at http://www.gemappraisers.com/ . He has been a huge help to this board and offers a diamond grading certificate called AGA-CERT with all the relevant information.

:naughty:

nhungle

Rough_Rock
I need help with a cut question as I don't understand what this means.
I was told by the jeweler the quality of my 1ct stone is (G/H with SI1/SI2), he also mentioned that the stone have a deep cut, once it set it have a look of a .90 ct - is it good or bad?
The jeweler told me that the deep cut doesn't affect the brilliant look of the diamond.

I'm buying a 3 stone ring (1.60 ctw) with no cert for $2700.
The ring is scheduled to arrive late next week and I have 7 days for refund.
thanks.

larry

Rough_Rock
Most diamonds are cut too deeply and light leaks or is lost out the back. The more light leakage and the duller the diamond

Please look at https://www.pricescope.com/tutor_cut.asp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results