shape
carat
color
clarity

No aset, no gemologist's check - will this work out?

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I've about 20 hours on this stone before payment. This stone is overseas and can't be brought in to be examined and aset. Though they did mention that a gemologist will make sure the stone and cert tally before setting and after setting prior to shipping out to me. But I asked before and it seems that at the point when gemologist checks for diamond/cert tally, they won't email me with comments. It's just to tally. So, do you think this will work out? Fire, brilliance, scintillation? It looks rather warm on my phone but not so much on computer. I wonder what's the real color like.

http://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.90-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-617185

My budget is around $5500 for 0.9 ct. Can you please let me know if you can find one better than this? H color, VS2 and above. Not considering any warmer colors, or SI to get larger size as I only want around 6.2-6.3mm for this project. Thank you for reading. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut looks nice but I don't know where it is picking up the brown tint. Is it inherent to the stone or is it reflecting the clothing of the camera-person?

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1447852151|3951222 said:
Cut looks nice but I don't know where it is picking up the brown tint. Is it inherent to the stone or is it reflecting the clothing of the camera-person?

I've no idea where the color is from. It's the brown tint that I'm worried about too. And no gemologist's eyeball check. I'm not sure to move ahead with it or not. I love the cut on photo though I'm slightly concerned about 40.6 deg pavilion too.

I'm going to email them and ask if the gemologist who tallies the diamond to cert can help me check if it's warm. I don't understand why they rather ship it out to me and let me return and refund, yet won't let me know if there's a brown tint. I am also going to ask if I can pay for an aset as this diamond doesn't qualify for one.

ETA: JA is really efficient; they have replied to my email so quickly. Unfortunately it doesn't qualify for aset since it's out of NY though CS didn't reply to my request to pay for aset. I think it's implied that no aset whether I'm willing to pay or not. And no, the gemologist can't offer any comment during the diamond/cert tally though the gemologist will voice concerns if there's any. But what if brown tint isn't a concern to the gemologist? :wall:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think (of course, dont know for sure) that it is reflecting something because when you look at the back side I'm not getting any brown
tint (at least not on my screen). It looks like a really beautiful stone to me and worth taking the risk IMO(with JA return policy).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results