shape
carat
color
clarity

*** Nicrez *** ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
With your experience - rose cuts in particular - I''d like your opinion on a vendor (if you don''t mind). This company in NYC sells rose cut diamond jewelry.

www.valerio.net

Do you have any opinion about this seller or the goods? I did a search here at PS and there''s no info ... two posts by me and one unanswered post by someone else.

TIA if you have any input!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this now, sorry...

I have never heard of them, because we don''t deal with repro at all. But, I will take a stroll over to their booth sometime today if you like. Let me know what you want to know. They seem to be mostly into repro and budget antique items (IMHO) so are you looking for a modern rose cut?

Are you buying a jewlery piece? Just a stone? You want to know if they are reliable? Or if they are rip-offs (price-wise)? Personally, any rose cut we get is in a piece already, because we don''t like to unset a period peice unless it''s absolutely necessary, so we never buy such things OUT of an antique setting. And if it''s for a replacement, we usually have to get them specially cut. We have not used these guys, but again I can check them out, just let me know what you are looking for.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 10:40:16 AM
Author: Nicrez
Just saw this now, sorry...

I have never heard of them, because we don't deal with repro at all. But, I will take a stroll over to their booth sometime today if you like. Let me know what you want to know. They seem to be mostly into repro and budget antique items (IMHO) so are you looking for a modern rose cut?

Are you buying a jewlery piece? Just a stone? You want to know if they are reliable? Or if they are rip-offs (price-wise)? Personally, any rose cut we get is in a piece already, because we don't like to unset a period peice unless it's absolutely necessary, so we never buy such things OUT of an antique setting. And if it's for a replacement, we usually have to get them specially cut. We have not used these guys, but again I can check them out, just let me know what you are looking for.

Thanks, Nicrez!

I think I just wanted to know if their stuff is "utter crap" or "meh" or "actually sorta okay for what it is" for someone (me) who is drawn to *flash* but not fire. I have no problem with repro ot budget antiques. My shopping/hunting experience in general is that there's often a piece (not necessarily talking about jewelry) that stands out among the others - to me, personally. I live just a stone's throw (no pun!) from Single Stone and will absolutely be visiting there, too, even if it's just to ogle.
3.gif

There's a chance I could go to their booth myself, someday. My diamond jewelry selling friends have invited me to go along to NYC on upcoming trips... I lived there for 17 years and would realy love to visit. It's been 13 years since I've seen the city.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results