shape
carat
color
clarity

Nicole Sent Videos of My New OEC From Ashley at SW Diamond Cutters :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I AM SO OBSESSED WITH THIS OUTCOME! I am just screaming in my head with excitement for you right now! (and some sneaky jealousy too)

EDIT. Do you mind sharing a price range for this recut? Like under 500, 500-1000, 1000-1500, etc? No pressure if that doesn't feel ok for you to share

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I AM SO OBSESSED WITH THIS OUTCOME! I am just screaming in my head with excitement for you right now! (and some sneaky jealousy too)

EDIT. Do you mind sharing a price range for this recut? Like under 500, 500-1000, 1000-1500, etc? No pressure if that doesn't feel ok for you to share

Thank you so much @lovedogs! I included the SW diamond link with the prices for re-cuts. The diamond started at almost 4 carats before it was recut to 3.36 so the cost was 1k for the cutting service.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It. Looks. Amazing!!! I’m loving it! Can’t wait to see it set!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @lovedogs! I included the SW diamond link with the prices for re-cuts. The diamond started at almost 4 carats before it was recut to 3.36 so the cost was 1k for the cutting service.

That's so freaking affordable! wow!

Did they give you any info about what size/parameters of RB they can cut into this style of OEC? I guess I don't know anything about what makes a "good" recut stone vs "bad".

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! How are you going to set it?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so freaking affordable! wow!

Did they give you any info about what size/parameters of RB they can cut into this style of OEC? I guess I don't know anything about what makes a "good" recut stone vs "bad".

I gave Ashley the size, color and clarity I hoped for with my budget for the completed diamond. At first we were looking to re-cut a cushion into an OMC and Ashley sent me pics with pricing on the cushion diamonds. Then I requested an OEC instead and asked Ashley to please pick the diamond- no need to send me pictures or pricing. I was out of my league in picking diamonds and very happy he agreed to pick one for me.

I remember being apologetic with my requests and Ashley told me "This is what we do, we cut diamonds" and he made me feel so comfortable. I really enjoyed talking with him over the phone, he is very friendly and has a great sense of humor.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave Ashley the size, color and clarity I hoped for with my budget for the completed diamond. At first we were looking to re-cut a cushion into an OMC and Ashley sent me pics with pricing on the cushion diamonds. Then I requested an OEC instead and asked Ashley to please pick the diamond- no need to send me pictures or pricing. I was out of my league in picking diamonds and very happy he agreed to pick one for me.

I remember being apologetic with my requests and Ashley told me "This is what we do, we cut diamonds" and he made me feel so comfortable. I really enjoyed talking with him over the phone, he is very friendly and has a great sense of humor.

Super helpful info!!!! So happy for you :)

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!! I love it! I was so happy with my recut, i am already planning another one, too LOL - cant wait to see your pics!

NomadicChan

Rough_Rock
@Lisa Loves Shiny, may I kindly ask how long it took for them to complete your recut? I’m still waiting on mines and it’s been over two weeks now. I’m a little nervous :(

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I know how excited you must be as you anticipate your new beauty. I think after Ashley had the stone I hand it was a little over 2 weeks. If I remember right they estimated 2 to 3 weeks. Your diamond is going to be so beautiful!

I asked Nicole today to please send mine to IGI and she is doing that this week which I really appreciate. She also asked the jeweler they work with to contact me. I will have it placed in a solitaire when it gets back from the lab until I decide how to set it. So it’s probably going to be a few more weeks until I receive it.

NomadicChan

Rough_Rock
How much extra does it cost to be sent to IGI? :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!! I love it! I was so happy with my recut, i am already planning another one, too LOL - cant wait to see your pics!
How exciting!!!! I remember thinking that if I ended up with a recut as beautiful as your transitional diamond I would be a very happy camper. The way your diamond throws off those pastels in your pics - just gorgeous.

What are you planning for your new re-cut if I may ask.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much extra does it cost to be sent to IGI? :)

I’m sorry I didn’t ask. I just asked them to please send me an invoice and asked if they could request that I get a paper copy of the report.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lisa Loves Shiny my stone is done :) my thread is up :)

Hi. It’s heavenly! ❤️ I would love to see more! Can you ask the moderators to move your thread from the one it’s in ( that one is to discuss meetings and get together) to a more appropriate sub forum so everyone can see your beautiful diamond? Just hit report concern. I would do it for you but wasn’t sure if your diamond was earth mined or lab and didn’t want to assume.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is an incredible result and it sounds like a truly exceptional customer experience. Well Done to SouthWest Diamond Cutters and their team. I hope to work with them some day!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s an update sparkly friends. I can’t wait to see the diamond. It’s being set in a temporary solitaire right now. I looked up the IGI cert. I can hardly believe this beauty is going to be mine. ❤️

77FD68BC-9B45-4F50-9396-0343B7DCD937.png

Mom2424722

Rough_Rock
I think it's beautiful! Even more than beautiful- I have no words. So appreciative of all the work and skill that went into making this dream come true. I see Kozibe! Ashley was nice to include a video of the diamond being re-cut.

Absolutely stunning!!! I can’t wait to see it on you. How are you ever going to figure out what to wear? Perhaps a rotation schedule?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring is being shipped! I just can't wait to get it and show all of you. I asked Barry from the Diamond Factory (he is affiliated with Ashley) to set it in a simple solitaire because I am thinking maybe I want it in a bezel down the road. But then I sent him a pic of a cathedral setting with 6 petal prongs and wondered if maybe that isn't so simple? There's simple and then there's PS simple. LOL

I'm so excited. :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results