shape
carat
color
clarity

Nice stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Helpless Bachelor

Rough_Rock
I looked at a Cushion Modified Brilliant (modern cut) stone today. It's characteristics were the following:

10.77x8.42x5.57
4.09 carat
Depth: 66.2%
Table: 66%
Girdle: Medium to Thick, faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity: VS1
Color: H
Flourescence: None

Few questions: 1) Do the measurements suggest it was cut well and if not what percentages should I look for? 2) Looking straight down it looked more like an emerald cut rather than a brilliant, is that normal, better or worse? 3) I've been looking for a G or above, is going to H a mistake? 4) Given the above is $38,600 a fair price?

Please help, I'm blowing it all on this ring. Thanks.:appl:

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
I am obviously not an expert because I have to ask - what is a modified cushion brilliant? I would think that you could run the numbers on the Holloway Cut Advisor if you had the crown and pavilion angles for this diamond.

I am anxious to see what kind of reponses that you get from this diamond. Goodluck!

:))

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
The cut adviser is for modern round brilliants. You may want to contact David Atlas at www.gemappraisers.com for information. He posts here as oldminer and may be along to answer your question.

:)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What Alison said about HCA is correctHere is what the stone will look like in an ideal-scope.
It is not great - the depth is very deep so you will pay for 4ct but get a 3.5ct stone that does not look as good as a 3.5ct should.

RT%20oval.jpg

Garry Holloway

Helpless Bachelor

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback Garry. What table and depth percentages should I be looking for in a 4 carat cushion cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results