shape
carat
color
clarity

Nice SI1 or Nice SI2??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soonerice

Rough_Rock
Which would you buy? These are both great diamonds (it seems good, cut, color, cost, but the only thing that worries me is the clarity. I don''t know if I can get any pictures for these diamonds. I know a independant jeweler that works part time buying and selling diamonds. She informed me of a site where I can look at the diamonds and I can buy one at cost. Here are two of the diamonds: Only Problem: I don''t think I can get a picture of either (to check the inclusions, but I do have the reports!)

Diamond #1

Round Brilliant
Lab GIA
Weight 1.23
Color E
Clarity SI2
Depth 61.3
Table 57
Crown 34
Pavillion 41
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Fluorescence None
Dimensions 6.89x6.94x4.24

Diamond #2

Round Brilliant
Lab AGS
Weight 1.04
Color G
Clarity SI1
Depth 59.1
Table 57
Crown 35
Pavillion 40.8
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Fluorescence Medium Blue
Dimensions 6.54x6.58x3.99

soonerice

Rough_Rock
Sorry,
Diamond #1 is $4200
Diamond #2 is $4550
Thanks.....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do the report plots look like?

Obviously the GIA has a Sarin in order for you to have the angles. What are the variances and things like that?

Offhand I'd go with SI1 over SI2 online anyday..ESP with no pictures. But I'd still try to get pictures. Nate got a few SI2 stones recently and was happy with 2 of them but the other one had alot of inclusions that he picked out. You're safer with an SI1 grading.

Ran them through the HCA and diamond #2 scores EX EX EX EX while diamond #1 scores EX EX VG VG. I'd go with the second one from the info you have given...I like SI1 over SI2 and EX across the board as a nuance thing.

GET PICTURES!!
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with the larger stone. The difference is significant & the price is less. Can you get a visual of the stone from the dealer. Do they have a return policy? SI2's in this size can be eyeclean.

just my spin. Good luck.

Geez, the world is topsy turvey. Mara disses the larger stone & I dis the Med Bl Fluor stone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/17/2003 9:12:29 AM fire&ice wrote:

Geez, the world is topsy turvey. Mara disses the larger stone & I dis the Med Bl Fluor stone.----------------
What is the world coming to?!
2.gif
Hee.

I definitely agree a picture could make the difference, there is a chance the SI2 is cleaner than the SI1 of course...but offhand if I was purchasing blind online, I'd feel more comfortable with the SI1. Even if it does sacrifice a little ctw. But then again...we wouldn't even purchase an SI1 over the internet without a picture...so maybe I am the wrong audience member to pipe up.
9.gif

Anyone made this type of online decision before and what did you choose? Nate?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'd go for the G SI 1... It's a great combo of color and clarity... Also, AGS is VERY strict on clarity, so I'd be pretty confortable about this stone.

soonerice

Rough_Rock
Is AGS more strict on clarity than GIA? I was under the impression that GIA was the standard.....the best. Also, is the Floresence a good thing or a bad thing?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO Fluor doesn't really matter unless it's STRONG. Then you may get a milky tone, but with faint or med...you should be fine.

AGS and GIA are both strict graders. EGL and IGI and some others are more lax...both AGS and GIA typically have strict reps. Maybe one of the experts in the trade can comment on GIA's grading of an SI2 and what their thoughts are.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results