Brilliant_Rock
If not photoshopped, I like it.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
It's very pretty, if the photo is accurate. It does veer a bit towards the purpley-pink, is that what you are looking for? It's also always worthwhile to check out the sticky at the top of the forum to see what other CS'ers have experienced with a given vendor re: accuracy of photos. After a while you get a feel for which vendors can be relied on for accurate photography and who can't.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Sllllllluurrrrpppppppp....................... MAHENGE ****!!!!

I LOVE IT!! It is probably my favorite color of mahenge!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding another

17390.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the photo is accurate, then I like the saturation it shows - its not the pure red that some seek, but I don't think that is one of your specifications? It is smaller than some of the stones you've been looking at, so do you have specific plans in mind?

You have been interested in purchasing a number of stones recently (and have made at least one very good deal :appl: ). You might want to think about taking the time to find exactly what you really love, as you have also sent back a number of stones. Forgive me if I'm way off base, its just that you remind me of me a little, and if I could keep you from making the mistakes I have made, then I would be happy...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1309025935|2954867 said:
Adding another

I don't know how manipulated the top image is, but the bottom one seems too muddy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if this helps, but the vendor I bought my trillion from just listed a 4.8 carat trillion. My trillion is 1.7 carats and I paid $850 for it a long time ago. You can kind of tell the difference between the new and old material as the new stuff lacks the saturation and brightness of the old material. These are video stills from the two different stones. One is my 1.7 carat trillion, and the other is the 4.8 carat trillion he wants $7500 for. These videos are from the same vendor, so I think they're comparable. Hope the color difference helps, as it is the muddiness and lack of saturation in some of the new material that is simply unacceptable for the price points asked IMHO. I know some may disagree with me, and that's fine.

spinelvideocomparetrillions.JPG

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My personal opinion is that Mahenge's should be pink-red not red-red. If I wanted a red red then I would go for Burmese. I also like them on the warmer side.

I like the colour of that one at the top a lot. I didn't get round to commenting on the ones in your other thread but they all looked pretty to me.

I have some paler Mahenges and they just glow, I've never seen spinels like them and I'm not normally a mid-pink fan but the fluorescence in the material from this source is just something else.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1309028725|2954904 said:
My personal opinion is that Mahenge's should be pink-red not red-red. If I wanted a red red then I would go for Burmese. I also like them on the warmer side.

I like the colour of that one at the top a lot. I didn't get round to commenting on the ones in your other thread but they all looked pretty to me.

I have some paler Mahenges and they just glow, I've never seen spinels like them and I'm not normally a mid-pink fan but the fluorescence in the material from this source is just something else.

Pandora, do you not care for the red red ones because they appear to be more orangy? I also think mahenges should be a pink red. I don't care much for red-red spinels, but that's just me, some people love them.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
TL|1309035508|2954976 said:
Pandora|1309028725|2954904 said:

Pandora, do you not care for the red red ones because they appear to be more orangy? I also think mahenges should be a pink red. I don't care much for red-red spinels, but that's just me, some people love them.

I actually like red-reds that tend to the orange rather than blue. I love red-reds but I think it's missing the whole point of a Mahenge which to me should be a warm pink-red.

I have similar tastes in rubies - I like them warmer than the market premium ie an faint orange secondary rather than a faint purple secondary, if that makes sense.

Ultimately it's personal preference , but I see a lot of people trying to find a true red Mahenge which just doesn't make sense to me.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1309026775|2954873 said:
I don't know if this helps, but the vendor I bought my trillion from just listed a 4.8 carat trillion. My trillion is 1.7 carats and I paid $850 for it a long time ago. You can kind of tell the difference between the new and old material as the new stuff lacks the saturation and brightness of the old material. These are video stills from the two different stones. One is my 1.7 carat trillion, and the other is the 4.8 carat trillion he wants $7500 for. These videos are from the same vendor, so I think they're comparable. Hope the color difference helps, as it is the muddiness and lack of saturation in some of the new material that is simply unacceptable for the price points asked IMHO. I know some may disagree with me, and that's fine.

Who has this trillion?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL, I just had this stone in hand. It was a pretty stone, but was dark with a good bit of red, not that well saturated. I felt for the cost, it was not worth it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1309041818|2955031 said:

TL, I just had this stone in hand. It was a pretty stone, but was dark with a good bit of red, not that well saturated. I felt for the cost, it was not worth it.

Yes, I'm not keen on the color either, that's why I compared it to older material above. It's clean and crystal, and large, but that's about it. The color just isn't there for me.

To Pandora,
I prefer blue reds, they are so hard to find though in natural color. I've never seen a spinel that was a pure blue red, only fine Burmese rubies. Thanks for the insight and your opinion. :))

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The top photo doesn't look natural. Please ask the vendor for more photos. I highly suspect that it won't look like this at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results