shape
carat
color
clarity

Next stop...these!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7-8mm South Sea pearl and diamond earrings. I wanted to do a search to see if anyone has dealt with this vendor and discovered the search option is broken. The vendor is Premium Pearl. Talked to a gal there for over 40 minutes concerning several different pearl earrings. They were lovely to deal with. I will let you know how things pan out......... I hope these are even more beautiful in person. Now I have my first SS pearls...well, kinda....
3.gif

sspandd.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi CCN,
They look lovely. But they sound too small for South Sea pearls, which come in 8mm minimum. Please post pics when you receive them.

I went to the website to skim through some photos of my favorite: Tahitian necklaces. FYI, the baroque strands are stock photos. All 3 strands: 8.5-11mm AA $420, 8-10mm AA+ $800, 10-12mm AA $500 are the same strand except the colors were doctored to look slightly different. Each photo has the exact same pearls with the same blemishes.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
those earrings are gorgeous - please come back with photos when they arrive!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2010 5:53:35 PM
Author: HHPmom
Hi CCN,
They look lovely. But they sound too small for South Sea pearls, which come in 8mm minimum. Please post pics when you receive them.

I went to the website to skim through some photos of my favorite: Tahitian necklaces. FYI, the baroque strands are stock photos. All 3 strands: 8.5-11mm AA $420, 8-10mm AA+ $800, 10-12mm AA $500 are the same strand except the colors were doctored to look slightly different. Each photo has the exact same pearls with the same blemishes.

Yes, I knew that alot of the photos were stock photos so I had the sales lady hand pick the largest/most loveliest eye appealing pair. I didn''t spend so much so I thought I would take a chance. I wanted a larger pair but the prices spiked alot the next size/quality up. Baby steps....LOL!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2010 8:13:10 PM
Author: Maevie
those earrings are gorgeous - please come back with photos when they arrive!

Thank you! I sure will!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Hi CCN,

I think a lot of the round Tahitian strands are stock photos too. If you look closely, the clasps on the photos are actually photoshopped to be different too. I''ve considered purchasing from them and stalk their website often b/c they have more stylish earring designs, but I''m always wary b/c of some of the shady things they do like photoshopping the clasps on the same stock necklace to make them seem different. They''ve also taken the same item and altered the grading and bumped up the price on the item that the day before was graded lower and priced lower. I figure pearls on earrings are better than the ones in strands so it should be pretty safe ordering earrings, but I would never buy a strand from there.

CCN, please post pics when you get them. FWIW, I don''t think they would lie about the type of pearls, but I think they may be a little sketchy about the grade. Since they''re earrings, I think you should be ok though since pearls on earrings in general tend to be higher quality anyway.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2010 9:01:58 PM
Author: brightlight

Hi CCN,

I think a lot of the round Tahitian strands are stock photos too. If you look closely, the clasps on the photos are actually photoshopped to be different too. I''ve considered purchasing from them and stalk their website often b/c they have more stylish earring designs, but I''m always wary b/c of some of the shady things they do like photoshopping the clasps on the same stock necklace to make them seem different. They''ve also taken the same item and altered the grading and bumped up the price on the item that the day before was graded lower and priced lower. I figure pearls on earrings are better than the ones in strands so it should be pretty safe ordering earrings, but I would never buy a strand from there.

CCN, please post pics when you get them. FWIW, I don''t think they would lie about the type of pearls, but I think they may be a little sketchy about the grade. Since they''re earrings, I think you should be ok though since pearls on earrings in general tend to be higher quality anyway.

Thank you brightlight! I too hate the idea of stock photos and possible photoshopping so that is why I gave them a call and asked all pertinent questions rather than buy "blindly" through the website. After speaking with them, they are true professionals. The saleslady really took her time and pulled several pearl earrings and did an over the phone comparison just like Mia from PP did. If only they could know that people who are somewhat jewelry savvy may not take a chance with them due to the stock photos. They do themselves a little bit of a dis-service. I do think the prices are pretty decent in comparison to other jewelry sites. I have not ordered from the Pearl outlet because they appear to have stock photos and alot of their sterling pieces I have seen in person and I think that rather "cheapens" it for me if that makes sense.... (some of there pieces look like commercial quality but I know some people on here have really enjoyed what they have purchased from them)
Hopefully these will pan out to be gorgeous IRL and I can give them a raving review on here so that we can add another vendor to our "buy list".........LOL!! (as if we need more enabling
9.gif
)

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 9:46:25 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 4/26/2010 9:01:58 PM
Author: brightlight

Hi CCN,

Thank you brightlight! I too hate the idea of stock photos and possible photoshopping so that is why I gave them a call and asked all pertinent questions rather than buy ''blindly'' through the website. After speaking with them, they are true professionals. The saleslady really took her time and pulled several pearl earrings and did an over the phone comparison just like Mia from PP did. If only they could know that people who are somewhat jewelry savvy may not take a chance with them due to the stock photos. They do themselves a little bit of a dis-service. I do think the prices are pretty decent in comparison to other jewelry sites. I have not ordered from the Pearl outlet because they appear to have stock photos and alot of their sterling pieces I have seen in person and I think that rather ''cheapens'' it for me if that makes sense.... (some of there pieces look like commercial quality but I know some people on here have really enjoyed what they have purchased from them)
Hopefully these will pan out to be gorgeous IRL and I can give them a raving review on here so that we can add another vendor to our ''buy list''.........LOL!! (as if we need more enabling
9.gif
)
I hope they''re spectacular so I can buy some earrings too and blame it on you.
25.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to hear what you think of them. Hoping the earrings are just as great as the pic!

mini threadjack (Elle, love your new picture!)

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thank, Swedish. Figured might as well change since I''m much more interested in pearls lately.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I got the earrings and they are just lovely. I see no blemishes whatsoever and the diamonds are beautiful as well. On that note, I am not keeping them as they are just too petite for what I wiant. They are already being sent back,however, since the customer service was so great and the pearls where beyond what I expected, I ended up ordering a pair of 10-11mm South Sea studs that they have on special. I will receive them tomorrow. I did take pics of the other earrings that I sent back just for eye candy purposes and to show that this is another vendor I highly recommend despite what the other forum may say. They really were quite lovely but in my heart I felt that South Sea pearls really should be bigger in size. Stay tuned...............

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its nice to try out new vendors and share. I appreciate that you''ve taken a chance on them!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad they were nice and your are giving them another try. The ones you are returning look pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results