Which one of these would you go for?

• 5. I want to see the results, please.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The Sapphire Three Stone RHR

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so my beautiful pendant is just a couple of weeks away from being in my hot little hands. And John asked me yesterday what I want for my next birthday/ our first year wedding anniversary.

I'm leaning toward a trip somewhere in December, and would need to get started on Passports and what not if we were going to do this. We did not have a honeymoon, so it would be just perfect to have one.

But John also wanted some bling suggestions from me as well.

Here's what I've got already (or will have soon).

My e-ring and wedding band.
My seven stone RHR
My coach watch (though it was damaged in the robbery)
A small diamond pendant on a very delicate chain
And my BGD Marguerite pendant on it's way.

I wear crystal bezel studs currently. And have no diamond earrings.
And I don't have any colored stones RHR.

I was thinking of .60 ctw bezel studs. J-K color either from BGD or Wink. Eyeclean SI2 or I1 depending on what they have available. I would be able to have enhancers made to match my Marguerite pendant for them, later down the line if I do that. Which I love. If they were designed right, I might even be able to get jackets for them too. Which would frankly rock.

Alternately I would adore a pair of pave huggie earrings. I could and would wear them all the time and they would have more blingy spread than the admittedly smallish studs. They would go with just about everything I wear. But I wouldn't be able to mix them up the way I would the studs.

And I was also thinking about a nice RHR. I have a three stone setting I really like book marked and would need a lovely center. Preferably a sapphire as my B-Day and our Anni are in September. But... I want an ORANGE sapphire cushion or round, well cut around 6.5 or 6 mm. And have no idea if that would be too hard to find. I would be happy with a light blue one the color of neatfreak's sapphire as well, of course.

Which one would you go for?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sapphire RHR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bezel studs! I would love a pair of diamond studs so thats why I chose these!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
STUDS!! I love mine - you will get so much wear out of them, and there are endless fun jacket possibilities
9.gif
27.gif
31.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the pave huggies, and think the bezel studs would be a good choice too. I voted huggies, perhaps as I am a little jaded towards bezel studs right now, LOL! The size you''re considering would be lovely and have a presence though.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Bezel studs, since you already wear the crystal ones and you could switch them up with the jackets. But I do also LOVE LOVE LOVE the orange sapphire idea! Orange is a great color!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Huggies is in first place for me, followed by the bezel studs!

What a good hubby you have!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for huggies - just because from your post it seems that may be something you might use most and also, to me, sound most excited about.

John is such a sweet guy for planning your gift months in advance! My birthday is in Sept as well, and normally the day before my birthday Mr. Kama will ask me if I''d like to go somewhere nice for dinner (and ofcourse, I will have to be the one to make the reservations!!!)

Can''t wait to see what you decide upon!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I also voted for studs. Even though I adore my rings and everything else, you just don''t look dressed until you have on earrings (IMO). Studs are perfect for everyday and since you already have jackets in mind, even more options! Also, I''ve seen some "drop" jackets lately on the fashion jewelry lines. Some of them look really cute (like a little chandelier pair), that would be another way to change your studs.

But, I gotta say...there''s no wrong answer here. I think all of them would be lovely.

btw- who''s the little guy in your avatar???

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, overwelming votes for the studs!!! I do want some. My only problem is I'd prefer to start out with like 1ctw, and that's out of budget for a while and so I'm wondering if I should just save up.

Nadri, who makes the studs I have on now, also has some huggies I like the style of. So I think I'll pick those up later this week and see what I end up wearing more. John really wants to get me earrings.

I was also considering a bracelet. But that's not an everyday thing for me, so it can wait.

I've already asked Jeff White for a ballpark qoute on the sapphires. I gave him three colors I'm interested in, and we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone... and keep them coming.

Kelli... I LOVE orange. Plus it was my primary wedding color, which is why I have a strong preference for it for this project.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The little Dragon in my Av is a great pic I found on google images.

Here''s ther bigger pic.
1068790_b15a_625x1000LR.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bezel studs for sure! I wear mine on a daily basis and I love them.

If you really want 1 ctw I would just save up for them and get those because the settings are pricey compared to the diamonds. But if you''re going for J-K and SI2-I1 it might not be crazy expensive to get 1 ctw. Mine were around $1k including the setting for .6 ctw I/VS2 Expert Selections from WF.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I voted for the bezel studs but after reading your posts, I want to change my vote to the sapphire RHR. Sounds as if the studs can wait so you might as well have some fun with colored stones
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I voted saphire RHR but I think bezel studs would be a good choice as well.

I think no matter what you end up with it will be beautiful :).

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I''m not supposed to be posting because my computer is fried and I am borrowing DH''s for a few minutes (poor thing is waiting patiently for me to hand it over). Anyway, just HAD to comment.

Gypsy I totally voted for the bezel studs because I love mine! (I think you''ve seen them in IRL?). Anyway, they are .76ctw, J, and VS1-2 (couldn''t find lower clarity or I would have gone lower), ACA''s and I think they are a great size.

Plus bezel studs would so match your lovely pendant!

Okay, gotta run!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Yummmm... Bezel studs, for sure! Glad to see those are in the lead
2.gif
I did read that you want to save up for 1cts... So I guess the question is, how badly do you want some fun new bling?? Perhaps another project thats more within your current budget will wet your jewelry appetite for the short-term?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I voted bezel studs becos I have .50 ctw studs in a martini three-prong setting, and I just adore them. They are my favourite earrings, so versatile and tbh I wonder how I ever lived without them!
concepts of ideal size are personal, and probably cultural, so if you really think the size you''re looking at is not worth it, don''t push... go for the orange sapphire (awesome!! Particularly if orange ties in with your 1st anni)
Personally, though I find these studs are the perfect size for everyday wear.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted huggies but I think that the studs would be good too. Couldn''t really decide between the two of them.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
I voted for Bezel studs. A classic piece and it sounds like you would wear them often.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for "other" -- what about some sort of bracelet?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I would either do the bezel studs (because I love my diamond studs and get great use out of them), or a sapphire RHR, just to mix things up a little. Sounds like everything you have is diamonds.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay well I priced out studs, and some hopps. And I''m waiting for Jeff to get back to me on the sapphire issue. I have about (give our take) a 1K budget. And the BGD studs would be upgradable (though I would get martini settings and get the bezels once I hit 1ctw), and hoops wouldn''t be. And the sapphire ring would be a three stone with baguette sidestones I''m thinking. Or half moons. not 100% sure yet.

John kinda likes the idea of getting me the studs, then upgrading them to 1ctw next year for our second anniversary (then maybe 1.5 for our 5th
11.gif
). Can''t say I object lol.

Mia, I have seen yours and between you and Amber I''ve had a hankering.

Madame, I want one but it wouldn''t be an everyday item for me. So I''m holding off on that. Plus my budget is too low for the type of bracelet I want. But I will get one eventually.

Slowly building my collection!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 12:54:18 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I would either do the bezel studs (because I love my diamond studs and get great use out of them), or a sapphire RHR, just to mix things up a little. Sounds like everything you have is diamonds.
Lt, that is the case right now. Wasn''t before the robbery. But my three colored stone RHR were in the lot not recoverred.

MissBehavior

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 5:01:32 PM
Author: Gypsy
Okay well I priced out studs, and some hopps. And I''m waiting for Jeff to get back to me on the sapphire issue. I have about (give our take) a 1K budget. And the BGD studs would be upgradable (though I would get martini settings and get the bezels once I hit 1ctw), and hoops wouldn''t be. And the sapphire ring would be a three stone with baguette sidestones I''m thinking. Or half moons. not 100% sure yet.

John kinda likes the idea of getting me the studs, then upgrading them to 1ctw next year for our second anniversary (then maybe 1.5 for our 5th
11.gif

Madame, I want one but it wouldn''t be an everyday item for me. So I''m holding off on that. Plus my budget is too low for the type of bracelet I want. But I will get one eventually.

I like how you two think!! Do you suppose John would give my hubby lessons?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I was originally going to vote for the huggies, but I''m sold on the studs after reading about your upgrade plan!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Studs or huggies. Studs make a girl feel fabulous. hehe Yay for a project
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for the studs or huggies too, especially if you could match your pendant one day. That would be gorgeous.

I don''t think I ever saw a orange sapphire.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I would get the studs from a vendor you can upgrade with... You will love the studs!!!!!
30.gif
Get something you''ll live in! They can be your "signature."

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d vote for bezel studs, too. All of the choices sound great but I''d go for the studs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 5:04:08 PM
Author: MissBehavior

Date: 3/30/2009 5:01:32 PM
Author: Gypsy

11.gif

I like how you two think!! Do you suppose John would give my hubby lessons?
OMG. I''d be happy to set up a seminar. Seriously I am so blessed. You know what he said to me the other day? We were discussing increasing percentage of $$ we put into savings and He said... honey for every additional 3K we put into savings you can have 1K for "bling" and I was like-- 4K and $500. I wasn''t even angling for ANY. But um... you know, I''m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results