shape
carat
color
clarity

Newly engaged! Need ring advice!

doglover23

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I have been stalking this site for the past few months once I realized my now fiance had picked out a ring for me! We got engaged a few days ago, and I couldn''t be happier! The real prize is no doubt the man. He is absolutely gorgeous, loving, sweet, patient, everything I could ever want. However, I do happen to be totally smitten with my new ring!

He picked out a 1.89 GIA (that is all I know about it so far, although he did say it was triple x, but I am not sure what that means yet!! It is set in platinum, six prong classic Tiffany setting.

Anyway, I am having it sized next week, and I am trying to decide whether or not I want to put pave down the sides. When he first picked out the ring, he wanted pave, but then when he picked out the diamond the jeweler told him to wait to put the pave on until I had it sized. Now that he sees it set in platinum, he likes it plain as the stone sparkles like crazy. I love pave, but I don''t want to make the wrong choice if the pave will distract from the beauty of this stone.

Thoughts?

doglover23

Rough_Rock
Here is the picutre of the ring!

ewcring2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations
1.gif
your ring is beautiful!

If you check the engagement ring thread at the top of the page you''ll see lots of different examples of each. If adding pave I imagine you''ll have to do a complete reset - as in, they won''t gouge out your plain setting and stick stones in there.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my opinion? Get a pave wedding band. I love a plain shank on engagement ring, but what do YOU like?

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!
You really can go either way! I have solitaires that are on settings with no side diamonds and they are beautiful. I do however most often, wear my ring that has diamonds running all down the sides that provide sparkle from every inch of the ring. When I see the diamonds, the side diamonds do not detract from it for me... it is huge no matter the setting LOL!

Go with what you like best. and Congrats!
36.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 11:07:54 AM
Author: motownmama
my opinion? Get a pave wedding band. I love a plain shank on engagement ring, but what do YOU like?
Ditto! But I think it would look pretty either way,
I love your ring.

doglover23

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the responses!!!

I did find out that I don''t have to reset it, they can use my setting and drop the diamonds in (not sure how, but luckily I won''t be doing it!). I really do like the pave, I''ll look at some pictures to see what I think. We did go into Tiffany''s yesterday, and they said they never pave the six prong solitaire, and of course that gave me pause. There must be a reason. But, I always wanted pave on my setting, I really like the look of a pave band on the e-ring with a pave band for the w-ring. Unless, I leave the solitaire and get a more blingly band...but who knows. I just love the sparkle of the pave....hmmm....

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring looks lovely!
I would leave it as it is and get a pretty pave band. Since yours is a Tiffany-esque knife edge, you should be really careful about putting pave on it if you want to stack. The diamonds on the knife edge band could knock against a pave wedding band and cause a lot of damage. Just something to think about
2.gif

doglover23

Rough_Rock
Great point on the stacking. Hmmmm...I have to think there is a reason Tiffany doesn''t pave this style. But it looks so pretty!!! Decisions decisions!!

Fun decisions...

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love plain bands bc I think pave does detract a TINY bit from the stone. But I also love to stack, and I think a solitaire gives you tons of options when putting it with other rings. I ditto the idea for a pave wedding band.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
First of all, Congratulations! Your FI sounds like a great guy.

I know a few people have suggested that you get a pave band to match the tiffany solitaire. D Vatche actually has a knife edge pave. I believe they were also the original designer of a lot of Tiffany & Co rings. Worth taking a look!

BlingADing

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! Your ring is beautiful.

I love the plain band, but maybe go try a few pave settings before you decide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results