shape
carat
color
clarity

Newly Engaged...Emerald Cut

MStewart87

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone...I am new to this forum. I am newly engaged as of 12/12 and was presented with a stunning Emerald Cut solitare in a simple mount. It was minutes after the proposal that my Fiance explained "oh yeah, not really your ring." I was very confused, but knowing my Fiance, there is usually a story to go along with everything. He then explained that he was not 100% happy with anything "off the shelf" from Tacori, so he had the setting custom made and it was not completed by the time we were leaving for vacation. He had his heart set apparently on proposing then, so the wonderful jeweler set the diamond in a plain setting of theirs for the time being.

This is the ring that he somewhat modified to create mine. http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&biw=1280&bih=605&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=Z4vygRDetJkwTM:&imgrefurl=http://www.artisansjewelers.com/tacori_2621eclgp.php&docid=e1SvMbPZoQvHtM&imgurl=http://www.artisansjewelers.com/_images/products/2621ECLGP_md.png&w=470&h=399&ei=_fjxTrmuMcagtwfE893QBg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=141&sig=109108957214208529194&page=1&tbnh=124&tbnw=145&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=112&ty=41

He apparently removed the halo around the center stone, as he did not want to detract from it. He also increased the size of the baguettes to "fit better" with the center stone.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with ordering custom Tacori tems? I was super excited to be engaged and have a beautiful diamind, but I am very excited to see what the final product will look like.

Here is the ring as it sits currently. The camera I took this with was an iphone camera and it was taken inside my office, so the picture quality is terrible.

RING1.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely, I would love to see it up close!

MStewart87

Rough_Rock
I will see if I can get some better pictures when I get home later. It is a beautiful diamind that has a lot of fire for an emerald cut (in my humble opinion). :wink2:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
its; beautiful and I like all the modifications he described to the tacori setting, so I'm super excited to see that too:)

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Those sound like great modifications to the setting! I'm excited to see pictures of the finished product. In the mean time though that solitaire isn't to shabby :love: :love: Congratulations!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond! :love: And I am sure the new setting will be beautiful!

MStewart87

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I am excited too. We received word that the setting will arrive at the jewelers on Friday morning.....bad thing is we are going out of town Friday morning for Christmas. Looks like I will have to wait until I get back and pick it up Tuesday :confused: We thought about waiting until it gets to the jewelers Friday then leaving town, but with a 8+ hour drive, I think we would be late for our own engagement party Friday night :(

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Your emerald cut diamond is gorgeous.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I think emerald cuts are just so classy :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks like a STUNNING ering, Mstewart! Congratulations on your new engagement and ring! Oh... the heartbreak of not having it back instantly, when all you want to do is SHOW IT OFF!!!

Can't wait to see the photos when you return from holidays - enjoy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement and a very pretty ring - I think the modified ring will be beautiful.

Can't wait for pictures!

MStewart87

Rough_Rock
We were able to pick up the completed ring today...it is beautiful. For some reason when I am trying to post a picture, it is saying the image is invalid. If anyone has any ideas on what the problem may be, let me know. I am anxious to post some pics for all of you!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will need to crop the photo most probably. Can't wait to see your beautiful emerald cut ring!

MStewart87

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the advice...that was exactly the problem. Here we go =)

Attachments

• ringedit.tif
    1.3 MB · Views: 785
  • ringedit2.tif
    1.2 MB · Views: 788
  • ringedit3.tif
    1.2 MB · Views: 792

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous ring! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results