shape
carat
color
clarity

Newby and London Blue Topaz

dasaintjude

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm very new to all of this. My question is about London Blue Topaz. I have ring that I love and wanted to get a pendant and earrings to go with it. I ordered some and the color turned out to be more the color of Kyanite....very blue with no gray tone at all. Are there many hues to London Blue topaz or was this dealer sending me the wrong stone? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Judy H

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dasaintjude|1361652935|3388729 said:
Hi! I'm very new to all of this. My question is about London Blue Topaz. I have ring that I love and wanted to get a pendant and earrings to go with it. I ordered some and the color turned out to be more the color of Kyanite....very blue with no gray tone at all. Are there many hues to London Blue topaz or was this dealer sending me the wrong stone? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Judy H

Judy what colour were you expecting? Some will have a small grey element but typically London Blue Topaz is quite a deep navy blue (as opposed to Sky Blue Topaz that's much lighter). A well saturated one could look a bit like Kyanite. There are of course various shades and if you're trying to match up with something it may be trial and error to get just the right one.

Hope the photo below helps - this is a typical London Blue Topaz.

london-blue-topaz_3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results