shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I found this site about a week ago and decided to join! My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year and a half. In the past year and a half the topic of our future and marriage has been brought up several times. In June, my boyfriends company transferred him to Boston from Chicago. So July 1st we both made the big move to Boston! We have lived here for a little over a month and it has been amazing so far!

Before our big move, we found out that his grandmother has a 1 ct brilliant cut diamond that she wanted to give to us. We both knew that nothing would happen before the move due to lack of time. With the craziness of the move and getting settled in nothing was happening about the wonderful gift we had been given. Then this weekend was AMAZING! We finally got around to going to a jeweler and getting the diamond appraised. We also found my DREAM setting (which is now being custom made for us!).

Now is the waiting part. I know the engagement will happen and I know the ring I am getting....I do NOT know how long I will have to wait! AHH! It has only been 2 days since we found the ring and the suspense is killing me!

So that's my story, sorry its long. That has been the last month of my life and I cannot wait for my future. In the meantime, I am excited to be part of the Ladies in Waiting and look forward to sharing stories and talking with everyone!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Welcome!!! :wavey: What an amazing gift!!! That's awesome that you found your setting so soon! Hopefully you aren't on the list too long!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
OrchidVee|1313358914|2990787 said:
Welcome!!! :wavey: What an amazing gift!!! That's awesome that you found your setting so soon! Hopefully you aren't on the list too long!

It was definitely an amazing gift! I am VERY thankful! We found out that in downtown Boston they have the "Boston Jewelry Building". The building is 7 or 8 stories tall of just jewelry stores. So we spent a hours walking around and stopping into each store (I had also done some research online about what I might want). It made it much easier to have a ton of stores to browse through. What we ended up getting made though is NOTHING like what I thought I would want but I KNOW its that one! :)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
So exciting - what does the setting look like?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! What a great gift to have his grandmother's diamond! Hope you don't have to wait too long. And I would love to hear about the setting too!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
After trying on many rings this past Saturday, I fell in love with a ring that was from a designers collection. Due to it being a designer ring, we could not afford it. Plus, I am not really that knowledgeable when it comes to the ring designers anyways unless they have tons of magazine advertisements.

We took the picture of the designer ring, plus we had a few modifications we wanted to make to it, and had it custom made.

The attached picture is the designer ring. The one we are custom making is still a three stone with the white gold setting. It has the single row pave diamond shank still, however, rather then going all the way around we are only getting half way around. Also, in the picture attached it has the diamonds in between the prongs, we are not doing that either. We liked this three stone setting a lot because of the detail on the sides and how the two side stones laid next to the center stone.

I was told that now that the ring is being made, I cannot know anything more about it. Which means I will not know the updates of the ring, when he gets it, etc. When we left the jeweler on Saturday, he said he was calling early this week to let us know if he finds the two side diamonds (I am not sure what size we decided to go for those). The diamond that was given to us was a .98 ct, ssv2, E so the jeweler has to find pretty equivalent side stones.

I hope it turns out exactly how we hoped! I hate that I don't get to see it when its finished until its given to me!! I am horrible with my anxiousness!

ring.jpg

snow12

Rough_Rock
Too funny! I just recently moved to boston, a couple months ago. When my boyfriend and I looked at rings a couple weeks back, we also went to the same building! So nice that his grandmother had the diamond for you! I hope the proposal doesn't take long to get here!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
snow12|1313425613|2991277 said:
Too funny! I just recently moved to boston, a couple months ago. When my boyfriend and I looked at rings a couple weeks back, we also went to the same building! So nice that his grandmother had the diamond for you! I hope the proposal doesn't take long to get here!

Where did you move too? We moved to Somerville, so just outside the city. Did you find anything you liked in the building? I loved being able to go store to store and it all be jewelry haha. Thanks!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I realized I only wrote brilliant cut on my one post...forgot the round part. I am sure that was noticed by the pictures!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome and a big YAY for the finding the setting of your dreams and being gifted an heirloom diamond!!

delta_loves_alpha

Rough_Rock
Welcome! Your inspiration ring is beautiful! Hope you don't have to wait too long to wear it :)

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Amys Bling|1313441281|2991433 said:
Welcome and a big YAY for the finding the setting of your dreams and being gifted an heirloom diamond!!

delta_loves_alpha|1313444355|2991470 said:
Welcome! Your inspiration ring is beautiful! Hope you don't have to wait too long to wear it :)

Thank you to both of you! I am so excited!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!! :wavey:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Welcome :wavey: love the heart prongs on the ring you've chosen, its going to be gorgeous :love: i only hope you dont have to wait too long for it :bigsmile:

troJane

Rough_Rock
hi fellow newbie, your ring is going to be gorgeous & sparkling from across the room <3

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Blackpaw|1313525445|2992080 said:
Welcome :wavey: love the heart prongs on the ring you've chosen, its going to be gorgeous :love: i only hope you dont have to wait too long for it :bigsmile:

I LOVE the heart prongs as well...I didnt notice them until after I got home and looked the ring up online. So...I am not sure if they will be on the ring unfortunately. :/ I told the BF that we hadnt told the jeweler about the heart prongs (the jeweler just thought they were double prongs), we will see if he gets that taken care of. I have been told I am no longer allowed to investigate about the ring process haha

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
troJane|1313527924|2992109 said:
hi fellow newbie, your ring is going to be gorgeous & sparkling from across the room <3

Hello! Thank you so much!!! I am so anxious...the suspension is killing me. Especially since BF told me today no more talking about it and I have no more say in the rest of the process. AHHH!! I guess thats part of surprises though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results