shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie with questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Hi, everyone. I have been reading here for many months now and have finally decided to post. I have made the decision to purchase an ACA from Whiteflash. I had decided on an I, SI1, but I am thinking that maybe I should go with a G. I am actually totally lost. If anyone has time, the Stone ID of the I SI1 is on the whiteflash website and it is AGS-8151402, I would appreciate comments on the cut, clarity and color. I am thinking of upgrading to a G before they send out this one. PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks so much.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS stone - numbers are stellar, images look great......a real WOW stone.

If you''re worried about color, I''d put the G on hold while the I is in transit. Let the I come in, and look at it. If you aren''t completely thrilled, then go to the G.

I''d be just FINE with the I myself. LOL

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Nice stone!!!!...... It rates a 1 on the Holloway Cut Advisor.

It rated Excellent in all categories except SPREAD and it was VERY GOOD!!

I think you will be pleased.

Why are you questioning the color of the stone? Is there a reason?

MWG

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the quick response. I have two real specific questions I was wondering if you might address: Do you think that the 56.9% table is too large, and do you think that the ranges on the crown and pavillion angles are not tight enough. According to the sarin, the avg. crown angle is 34.5 (which is great) but it also reports a range of 34.2 to 34.9. Same with the pavillion angle, the average is 40.8, but the range is 40.5 to 41.1. Are these ranges too loose?

And, one more question (for now), do you think the price is fair??

Thanks so much.

It''s so neat to really be a part of the forum I''ve been reading for so long now.
1.gif

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
I am questioning the color of the stone because I just didn''t know if it might be wiser in the long run to go for a higher color like a G. I really and honestly don''t know which is "better". I mean I know the G is more rare and more valuable, but is it really worth the extra money? On the other hand is the G a better "investment"??? Lots of questions, huh?

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 7:04:34 PM
Author: mbr102865
Thank you so much for the quick response. I have two real specific questions I was wondering if you might address: Do you think that the 56.9% table is too large, and do you think that the ranges on the crown and pavillion angles are not tight enough. According to the sarin, the avg. crown angle is 34.5 (which is great) but it also reports a range of 34.2 to 34.9. Same with the pavillion angle, the average is 40.8, but the range is 40.5 to 41.1. Are these ranges too loose?

And, one more question (for now), do you think the price is fair??

Thanks so much.

It''s so neat to really be a part of the forum I''ve been reading for so long now.
1.gif
Table is fine and the crown and pavillion angles look great!! But, when you actually see it, then you will know. Get it and if you like it .......keep it. If not, send it back.

Price is fair.......not cheap, but fair.

Here is one that is cheaper, but it is not ACA, but a ES round. The numbers are great on the Cut Advisor

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-140223.htm#

Good Luck
MWG

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 7:06:40 PM
I am questioning the color of the stone because I just didn''t know if it might be wiser in the long run to go for a higher color like a G. I really and honestly don''t know which is ''better''. I mean I know the G is more rare and more valuable, but is it really worth the extra money? On the other hand is the G a better ''investment''??? Lots of questions, huh?
I honestly dont think so.....G is not that rare and there is not a shortage of G color diamonds in the world. Remember Whiteflash has a return policy, plus an upgrade policy.

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
I''ve actually already seen the stone. I live only 3.5 hours from Houston, so I had the privilege of getting to go to the Whiteflash Showroom. But for some reason, I am just feeling really nervous about this purchase. Not because of WF, they are great, but I just want to make sure that I make the right decision balancing beauty, quality and price.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 7:21:16 PM
I''ve actually already seen the stone. I live only 3.5 hours from Houston, so I had the privilege of getting to go to the Whiteflash Showroom. But for some reason, I am just feeling really nervous about this purchase. Not because of WF, they are great, but I just want to make sure that I make the right decision balancing beauty, quality and price.
If you have seen it, and loved it, then I think you''re fine.
2.gif

Many experience a kind of buyers remorse after making such a large, important purchase, so it''s kinda normal. There''s nothing wrong with the color I, it''s no less beautiful than a G. I think you''ve struck the balance you are wanting.
1.gif

mbr102865

Rough_Rock
I hope so, Ellen. I just want to be sure that I am doing the right thing.

BTW, I am so glad you responded to my post, as I have always loved that picture you have of your ring. STUNNING!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 7:36:03 PM
I hope so, Ellen. I just want to be sure that I am doing the right thing.

BTW, I am so glad you responded to my post, as I have always loved that picture you have of your ring. STUNNING!
Aw, thank you!

You picked a killer stone, enjoy.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results