shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie with Princess Cut Engagement Ring Upgrade

aussiemel

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking here for a while but this is my first post :twirl:

I have been married for 13 years, when we got engaged we couldn´t afford a very expensive ring (up to now I had a 0.25 round brilliant with small sidestones) and I always dreamed of getting a 1 carat diamond ring. Now my dream has finally come true, my husband bought me a diamond and I had the ring custom made to fit next to my wedding and eternity bands. I love princess cuts but also wanted the ring to match my other two bands which have small round brilliants, so we had 3 small rounds set into each side of the ring. The ring is made out of white and yellow gold.

It´s a long story, but it was a drama to get the ring made, a friend of ours is a goldsmith and made the ring for me but the workmanship was a bit poor, the prongs were very uneven, the prongs weren´t `V`prongs like I wanted and the stone still moved and rattled in the setting after the ring had been sent back 3 times, there were other problems too, needles to say I was very disappointed :nono: I had spent a lot of time planning it with him, I was quite shocked that it turned out the way it did. I expressed my frustration to my husband and we decided to find another jeweller to completely redo the ring. I am thrilled with the results :lol: I am a perfectionist and like everything to be even and symmetrical :loopy:

My diamond is H colour, VVS1, 1.05 carat, ratio 1:10 (slightly rectangular).

P9300093.JPG

P9300094.JPG

P9300101.JPG

P9300099.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, congrats on your new ring! :appl:

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love: Your ring is lovely and looks so well matched with your wedding band. I love the side view of the ering.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the two-tone gold you used and the profile of your ering. Really pretty!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so glad that you have your dream ring! It looks great with your wedding band and eternity ring! What a gorgeous set!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, it's perfect!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful upgrade.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations on getting your dream ring :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Congratulations.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful ring!! I'm so glad things finally worked out and you got the ring of your dreams, it's lovely - congrats!!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
It looks big on you, congrats on your upgrade

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! It looks beautiful on you! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new ER!!!!!!! :appl:

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
aussiemel|1317413163|3029960 said:
I have been lurking here for a while but this is my first post :twirl:

I have been married for 13 years, when we got engaged we couldn´t afford a very expensive ring (up to now I had a 0.25 round brilliant with small sidestones) and I always dreamed of getting a 1 carat diamond ring. Now my dream has finally come true, my husband bought me a diamond and I had the ring custom made to fit next to my wedding and eternity bands. I love princess cuts but also wanted the ring to match my other two bands which have small round brilliants, so we had 3 small rounds set into each side of the ring. The ring is made out of white and yellow gold.

It´s a long story, but it was a drama to get the ring made, a friend of ours is a goldsmith and made the ring for me but the workmanship was a bit poor, the prongs were very uneven, the prongs weren´t `V`prongs like I wanted and the stone still moved and rattled in the setting after the ring had been sent back 3 times, there were other problems too, needles to say I was very disappointed :nono: I had spent a lot of time planning it with him, I was quite shocked that it turned out the way it did. I expressed my frustration to my husband and we decided to find another jeweller to completely redo the ring. I am thrilled with the results :lol: I am a perfectionist and like everything to be even and symmetrical :loopy:

My diamond is H colour, VVS1, 1.05 carat, ratio 1:10 (slightly rectangular).

Congrats!!! It's a beautiful ring!!!!!!

aussiemel

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words. My hands look terrible in these photos (macro mode), they´re not that wrinkled IRL :loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results