shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie with pics of upgraded RB e-ring and OMC RHR

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
My journey to PS began a few months ago, after I had my second baby and realized I didn't fit into any of my old rings anymore. My husband pointed out that I could have gotten my rings re-sized, but I decided to use this opportunity to buy some new jewelry instead. :angel: (My old engagement ring had an inexpensive sapphire as the center stone -- purchased by my husband back when we were poor students and wanted to save our money for the wedding and buying a house instead. I'm thinking about having it re-set someday, as it has sentimental value for me.)

I'd never spent over $1,000 on any single piece of jewelry before, so I knew I wanted to do a lot of research before I dove into buying a diamond. Thanks to PS, I learned so much about diamonds and felt completely comfortable purchasing online. I got my setting and band (size 4) from Blue Nile and an 0.822 carat ACA, I color, VS1 round brilliant from Whiteflash. Whiteflash was able do a 1-day turnaround of the ring setting within a day, delivering the ring on Christmas Eve! (I happened to be in town visiting my parents in Houston and decided to stop by Whiteflash to purchase the diamond in person.) I love it! It never ceases to amaze me how big and sparkly it looks!

Then, over the Christmas holiday, I also discovered OECs and OMCs through PS. I became absolutely obsessed with the Erika Winters Iris halo at JBG and emailed Grace about it. She was super sweet, great to work with, and I just received the ring re-sized for me today (with a 0.98 carat, G color, VS2 OMC). I literally gasped when I opened the box and saw the ring in person. I mentioned to Grace in an email today that Erika designed a truly exquisite piece of art in this ring. I didn't realize until after I bought the ring that this is her first line of jewelry. She's incredibly talented! And the way the OMC sparkles is just fascinating!

It's a bit surprising to me how high up the diamond is set on my right hand now. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I've never worn anything that *big* before, so I still feel a bit self conscious about it!

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if I never buy any more jewelry or diamonds again, but I just wanted to thank y'all for sharing your knowledge and experience on this forum! I feel thoroughly educated and confident that I got pieces that were perfect for me at the right price point. (Seriously, what did people do before the age of the internet?!)

16041436049_6f59d15ca6_z.jpg

16201665206_dcc89628af_z.jpg

15607691513_306ac89469_z.jpg

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
Congratulations - they are both gorgeous!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on TWO rings! They are both beautiful. The Iris does sit kinda high, but I guess that is the intention. It's lovely on your hand!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! They are beautiful! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, two stunning diamonds and two equally stunning rings!!!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Your new rings are lovely!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings are very beautiful - thanks for sharing! When you decided to diamond shop, you did it in a big way!!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Wow, they are both beautiful. I am sure you will get used to wearing them soon. Enjoy them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are absolutely gorgeous! :love: That was really nice of WF to get the e-ring ready for you by Christmas Eve! You made great choices!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow you lucky girl!! Both are just stunning! They should scratch your bling itch :love:
Wear in health and happiness.

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! You wouldn't believe how many PS threads I read before making my decisions. You are such a great group of supportive folks!

diamondhelp123

Rough_Rock
Two new rings?? lucky! The Iris is stunning!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are two beautiful rings you have there!!! You made wonderful choices and I hope you enjoy wearing them for years to come. Pricescope is indeed a great resource.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOOOOOOO - so pretty!!! enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results