shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie with OVALS.....help me compare two stones....which would you choose and why?

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Stone 1:
3.56 carat
12.04 x 8.64 x 5.37
G color
Ideal cut
VS1
Table 58%
Depth 62.20%
LW ratio: 1.39
CVD
IGI certificate
COST: $1450

Stone 2:
3.41 carat
12.66 x 8.29 x 5.14
F color
Ideal cut
VS2
Table 56%
Depth 62%
LW ratio: 1.53
CVD
IGI Certificate
COST: $1328

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
It will help the experts here (I'm not one), if you are able to attach videos of the stones. Fancy cuts can't be judge solely by the numbers.

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
It will help the experts here (I'm not one), if you are able to attach videos of the stones. Fancy cuts can't be judge solely by the numbers.

I will attach videos. Thanks.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
There are prosumers here that can help.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have these stones on hold? It would be a good idea so they don't get poached out from underneath you.

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Do you have these stones on hold? It would be a good idea so they don't get poached out from underneath you.

I don't and I never though of that, thank you. But there are plenty of stones out there, I guess. I don't even know if they are available!

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock

I can't even get someone to answer me via chat on loosegrowndiamonds. Doesn't give me the best feeling potentially forking over my credit card number!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I can't even get someone to answer me via chat on loosegrowndiamonds. Doesn't give me the best feeling potentially forking over my credit card number!

It looks like they are based in New York, USA - it is Sunday here, so not sure how many operators would be working.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would call them. I've never had luck with their chat, so if you really want it:
"call Customer Service at +1 646-288-0810, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week'

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
I hate trying to judge stones that have 2 different orientations, but I think I prefer the 3.41

Can I ask why? For me, I like that the 3.56 is a little chunkier in the middle. I feel like I prefer a fatter oval vs. a lean one. Does that make sense? But that being said, I don't know what consequence that poses for overall performance of the stone. Hence why I'm here with all the seasoned gem lovers!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask why? For me, I like that the 3.56 is a little chunkier in the middle. I feel like I prefer a fatter oval vs. a lean one. Does that make sense? But that being said, I don't know what consequence that poses for overall performance of the stone. Hence why I'm here with all the seasoned gem lovers!

I also prefer fatter stones. But I'm concerned that that the fatter one has a large bowtie.

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
I also prefer fatter stones. But I'm concerned that that the fatter one has a large bowtie.

It does look like it is more pronounced in the 3.56. What confuses me is that all even though it is “ideal” cut, it’s still very visible.
What parameters should i be looking for to find a stone that doesn’t have an obvious bow tie?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look like it is more pronounced in the 3.56. What confuses me is that all even though it is “ideal” cut, it’s still very visible.
What parameters should i be looking for to find a stone that doesn’t have an obvious bow tie?

Unfortunately the label "ideal cut" for fancy shapes Is just the opinion of the vendor and is pretty meaningless. Even more unfortunate is that you can't judge fancy cuts by anything other than the eye. That's why they're hard to pick. Have you looked up distinctive gems' oval?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.distinctivegem.com/coll...nctive-oval-private-reserve-lab-grown-diamond

I'd ask him about price matching to current pricing, esp for the 3.19

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
https://www.distinctivegem.com/coll...nctive-oval-private-reserve-lab-grown-diamond

I'd ask him about price matching to current pricing, esp for the 3.19

Oh wow. That is gorgeous!!! I’m going to poke around on that site. Good idea on asking about matching—$4950 is a bit above my price range. Thanks for weighing in!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results