shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie with a orange sapphire question.

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking for ages and am thankful for all the info I have found around here.

What do you think of this orange sapphire?

ORANGE SAPPHIRE

I like pads but am more drawn to the ones with a more orangy tone to them. I know this isn''t a pad, do you think it''s more of a golden/cognac/browinsh orange? I see a few flashes of pink but am not sure.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think its pretty and I really like the color. If you''re interested in enhancing/adding pink to the stone, then you could mount it in a rose gold head.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its very...skin colored. This one has too much brown which does keep me from liking it.

-A

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

i think this will be more brown than orange.

mz

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

That stone is pretty far from orange. It is not a pad. Keep looking.

Annette

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback gang. I was iffy on the stone, so I don''t think it''s for me. The color to me looks like burnt sienna.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/7/2010 7:04:10 PM
Author: movie zombie

i think this will be more brown than orange.

mz

MZ,
Thank you for taking the words out of my typing fingers.
2.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don''t think its appropriate to label it as ''orange'':) cos I only see brown.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not call that orange either.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not seeing any pink in that stone. It is a light brown and if I stare hard enough, I might glimpse a hint of orange in there somewhere.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I like that color, too. When I see the fancy nice pads, I always kinda wish they were that color. So, yeah, good for us (well, you, since I''m not really in the market, alas) that it''s not considered a top top color! Brings the price down and makes the competition less steep!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do YOU like the colour? Brown is still the prominent colour but I’m not the one buying it.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I kinda like it. It looks natural, not like the BE treated blind you orange.

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Chrono... if you like it, try it. However, if you are looking for something pad-like but not-quite, then, I think you may be disappointed here. Try to imagine it with your skin in the background...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get a malaya garnet, they''re very similar in color, less expensive, and always untreated. They have that "flesh" color too.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 11:49:49 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Get a malaya garnet, they''re very similar in color, less expensive, and always untreated. They have that ''flesh'' color too.

Second that. Malaya garnet has a nice color shift too and can be very sparkly with good cuts.

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. You have been very helpful and I think I will pass and keep looking for the time being. I think the last one was a "autumn sunrise" color (does anyone remember that line in GHOST
1.gif
)

This one is sold but HOLY MOLY. I think I have found my color!

PINKISH ORANGE SAPPHIRE

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Well, I must admit, you are consistent, ededdeddy! All of the stones you''ve selected are in the same color family.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get a malaya, honestly for that color, I would.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some very inexpensive spinels also come in that color too, so there''s another option for you.

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
I''m will check them both out TL. Seeing everyone gorgeous garnets and spinels around here I may just jump the sapphire ship and hop on the garnet/spinel train. A (diet) sunkist orange spessartite garnet is definitely in my future.
21.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/15/2010 10:55:39 AM
Author: Rockit
Well, I must admit, you are consistent, ededdeddy! All of the stones you''ve selected are in the same color family.
Yeah I noticed that too:) personally I would go for a more vivid color. but if that''s the color you like, why not just go for it ?;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results