shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie wants opinions on radiant cut...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abc1234

Rough_Rock
I''m new to diamonds and was hoping for some thoughts on this radiant cut diamond described below:

These are the specs from the EGL report -

0.95 carats
Measurements 6.21 - 5.22 x 3.59 mm
Total Depth 68.8 %
Table Width 69 %
Crown Height 9 %
Pavillion Depth 53 %
Girdle Thickness: Medium, Polished

Finish
Polish - good
Symmetry - good
Culet - none

Clarity - SI1
Graining - Nil
Color - D
Flourescence - None

Thanks for your thoughts!

abc1234

Rough_Rock
Forgot to mention - it would be set in a four prong tiffany style setting on a 2 mm prong set eternity band.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you seen it?

abc1234

Rough_Rock
I''ve seen it and I love it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahhh well then, you will be hard pressed to find a better stone.
2.gif

seriously....there is nothing better than letting your eyes decide what you love.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
HI Abc- if you''d like to let us know the price, we couild let you know if it''s in line.

Did you see the diamond loose, or was it set?

abc1234

Rough_Rock
When I saw the diamond it was in a 4 prong setting.

I think the price was ~4500. Maybe closer to 5000. My fiance was looking at the prices, but I was too focused on all of the pretty diamonds! I have to say that I did surprise myself - I always thought I would want a bigger stone but I absolutely loved the size of this one on my finger.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Cool- As belle said- if your eyes tell you it;''s good, that''s a big thing.
The reason I asked about the setting is that a Radiant set into a Tiffiany style head can be quite high on the finger.

The price seems fair, and in line for a brick and mortar store.
Generally, it''s preferable to buy a diamond with a GIA report. EGL is known to be less consistent than GIA -therefore, a D/SI1 with an EGl report is worth less than a diamond with the same grade and size with a GIA report.
Likely you could get a radiant with a GIA for about the same price if you bought from a better internet seller.

I am not trying to say there''s anything wrong with the deal presented to you- just that you should do it from an informed position, as long as you''re here and learing more about diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results