shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie to Diamonds...Opinions/Advice appreciated on ring

dede1682

Rough_Rock
Hi PS'ers! I've been a lurker for a while and have to say thanks for all the diamond education so far! It's been really helpful with the ring process. I found a ring/setting I'm totally in love with and have emailed the link to my SO...but then I did a PS search and it seems like the vendor (mark broumand) has had issues with his photos/descriptions being somewhat misleading.

I.E. this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-am-i-missing-too-good-to-be-true.154486/

And I'm uneasy that this ring (which seems to good to be true!) is the same.

Here's the link to the ring: http://www.markbroumand.com/product...agement-Anniversary-Ring__2375-1D7441415.aspx

Any advice on the ring/specs would be most welcome. Thanks!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A GIA 1.5ct VS2 is not going to have a giant crystal inclusion that's visible from the moon. It *may* have inclusions that are visible to your eyes depending on what angle and distance you're looking from, what type of faceting the stone has and whether it highlights or masks the inclusion(s), your vision. Ask if it's clean to your standards, whatever they are (from 6" face-up? from 12"? from the sides as well? w/ 20/20 vision in most lighting types), and get a scan of the report.

dede1682

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
we wont be able to give you any specific advice on the stone itself with the limited information posted on the ring. If you are concerned about the cut quality I would certainly ask Mark for more information. Its a very pretty ring! Congratulations!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I would email and ask them for the GIA certificate, and pictures of the center stone close-up. I know there is a return policy if you don't get it sized before accepting it which would be a good idea here as well....then you send it back and have it sized once you are sure you want to keep it if you aren't the standard size.
Caveat Emptor until you have more information.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Report is from '06... assuming it hasn't vegetated on MB's shelf since then. Would definitely want an independent appraisal within the return period, to ensure that the report indicates the current condition of the stone - that poor setting jobs and careless wear haven't made their marks in the intervening years

Ditto nfo - would have it shipped out (before sizing) to look at in-person to see if you like it, that's the only way to find out for sure what your eyes think!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results