shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie to Diamonds here, please help me vet my GIA cert!

newtodiamonds101

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, I'm shopping for my first and only engagement ring. I was on a wedding board and was pointed to pricescope. I want to make sure this is a high quality diamond. Could you guys help me out and let me know what you think about the specs of this stone? I would really appreciate your help!

IMG_9895.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to get an idea of ideal cut proportions on princess cuts, you might want to look at a few that are well cut.

Here's an example. It is almost 7mm in diameter whereas the one you are looking at faces up a good bit smaller at 6.74-6.79mm. There's definitely a visual difference if you saw the two side by side. And why pay for a 2 ct stone that faces up like a 1.8?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to get an idea of ideal cut proportions on princess cuts, you might want to look at a few that are well cut.

Here's an example. It is almost 7mm in diameter whereas the one you are looking at faces up a good bit smaller at 6.74-6.79mm. There's definitely a visual difference if you saw the two side by side. And why pay for a 2 ct stone that faces up like a 1.8?

This. It faces up extremely small for a 2ct stone.

Lucy-In-The-Sky

Rough_Rock
Do you have an ASET?

As others have pointed out, this diamond faces up small for the carat size. I’m sure you could do better. Have you purchased this one already, are you interested in looking at other options? Which of the 4C’s are most important to you and what’s the budget? Maybe we can find some better options.

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
I think you need to have a look in person to see if you like it. It’s highly graded but that doesn’t guarantee it’ll be a stunner.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Did you already buy the diamond? Did you see the diamond in person? If so, thoughts? If not, let the fine folks here assist especially as you said, you’re shopping for your first and only ER. GL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results