shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie: Should I return this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gauchoblue

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I need some advice. I'm a first time buyer and need to know if I overpaid for my diamond. It's a BlueNile Signature Cut. I still have time to return it. Here are the specs:

Princess Cut
5.81x5.68x3.64
1.08 ct
Crown: 10.1%
Depth: 64.1
Table: 69
Girdle: Sl Th-Th
Culet: No
Polish: EX
Symmetry: VG
Clarity: vvs1
Color: F
Flourescence: none
Cost:$8766

I'm having a hard time finding similar stones w/prices on the net. Let me know what you think or suggest I do. I have a feeling I overpaid but am not sure by how much. Does anyone know the % markup for BlueNile? I don't mind keeping it if it is in a fair range.

Thanks in advance.

confused.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gaucho. Click on the PriceScope button at the top of your screen, and enter the parameters of a 1.00-1.25 EF/VVS1-VVS2 princess cut search.

You'll come up with dozens of stones that you can peruse for comparison. Look for ones that have a similar profile to yours in regards to depth and table size, with similar certification (GIA, AGS, EGL, etc).

Bear in mind that these are internet stones at internet pricing, which are usually considerably less than most stones purchased locally at a bricks & mortar store with higher cost of operation.

gauchoblue

Rough_Rock
Does anyone think this is fair or way overpriced?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Gaucho, are you still looking for an answer? Your chances are better today than over the weekend. This post puts you up on the board today so you should get some answers.

gauchoblue

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I'm still looking for comments.

Any input?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The price seems quite high to me. I did a little research and found out that a F VVS 1 princess of about 1ct costs approx $5K/ct, so yours should be about $5.4K...

gauchoblue

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/16/2003 2
6.gif
3:27 PM Giangi wrote:

The price seems quite high to me. I did a little research and found out that a F VVS 1 princess of about 1ct costs approx $5K/ct, so yours should be about $5.4K...
----------------

Wouldn't the Symmetry/Polish or Crown % increase the value? It would seem odd that BlueNile would have 50% plus markup. I really don't know, but is that typical for them to do that?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, maybe the pol/sym rating increases the value a bit... But definately not to $8K+++... Bluenile has high prices, but still somewhat lower than B&M stores...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results