shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie seeking help with budget/size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bOlivia

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a 1 carat, VS1/2,i-h color with a budget of 5000. I have found 2 diamonds thus far that I''m interested in but they are GIA certified (so I am unsure of the true cut of them). So I am seeking the knowledge/guidance of others to help me out with this scenario. My questioning pertains to taking a chance with not knowing the cuts, would it be foolish to spend this much money w/out that information. I''d appreciate any help or suggestions! Thanks!
4.gif

Diamond #1 $5000

VS1
H
Depth 62.6
Table 60
Slightly thk-thk gird
Ex polish and sym
"Very Good" Cut

Diamond #2 $4650
VS 2
H
Depth 62.9
Table 61
thk-v.thk gird
Ex polish, v. good sym
No info on cut

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I would not buy any stone without the crown and pavilion angles. You just can't tell the quality of the cut without those numbers. Can the vendor run a sarin report for you?

Another option is to have the stone sent to an independent appraiser who can examine the stone for you, and run a sarin. Request that the sale be contingent on the results/opinions of the appraiser, though.

Lynn

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/7/2004 4:12:49 PM bOlivia wrote:

I am looking for a 1 carat, VS1/2,i-h color with a budget of 5000. I have found 2 diamonds thus far that I'm interested in but they are GIA certified (so I am unsure of the true cut of them). So I am seeking the knowledge/guidance of others to help me out with this scenario. My questioning pertains to taking a chance with not knowing the cuts, would it be foolish to spend this much money w/out that information. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions! Thanks!
4.gif

Diamond #1 $5000

VS1
H
Depth 62.6
Table 60
Slightly thk-thk gird
Ex polish and sym
'Very Good' Cut

Diamond #2 $4650
VS 2
H
Depth 62.9
Table 61
thk-v.thk gird
Ex polish, v. good sym
No info on cut----------------

bolivia,

neither of these 2 stone will grade AGS 0 cut. tables too large,stones too deep, these proportions look like my measurment. too much(FAT) weight in the mid-section (the girdle). if these two stones weight exactly 1 ct, i bet the diameter is less than 6.5 mm. which an ideal cut should be.

bOlivia

Rough_Rock
Yes-I played with it last night and scrapped the "choices" discovered,after getting a little more informed. Thanks for the input-I'm still looking but now I've got some better filters for the search!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/8/2004 7:34:39 AM bOlivia wrote:

... some better filters for the search
----------------

Did you try THIS ? I would really type in H/I color, Vs2/Si1 clarity, 0.95-1.05cts, Excellent-Very Good cut
2.gif

Some labs do label cut quality taking optics (=brilliance and light return into consideration (EGL, AGS... maybe others but I do not know them) but many times you may get a cut grading thrown by the seller with not much backing or relation to brilliance (like the first stone you posted initially had). There is still no strict standard for what can and what cannot be called "ideal cut" about a round brilliant.

Whatever merit any such label has, it is good to know what it stands for exactly, IMO.

Here's what popped in among other stones (H-SI H&A ) ... and the main inclusion seems to be somewhere near the culet, luckily. There are others, of course.
read.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, WOW, Ana, that stone looks killer!!! I can't imagine why it didn't make it into their branded line, with that IS image and those #s. Yummy!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/8/2004 9:26:13 PM quaeritur wrote:

Oh, WOW, Ana, that stone looks killer!!! I can't imagine why it didn't make it into their branded line, with that IS image and those #s. Yummy!----------------

Q
is that pretty close to an FIC ? the reason it did'nt make the ACA because is not graded ID,ID or maybe is not a h&a stone ?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/9/2004 1:08:13 AM beavis wrote:

Yummy? Instead of showing our immaturity with such adolescent terms, why not just tell the cheap SOB to open the wallet and dig a little deeper than $5000?----------------

I think I should laugh... honestly, who's the immature one here?!

Guess the resemblance runs deeper than the name, beavis. He heh heh.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
You might be right, vtigger, about the X/X vs. ID/ID grade for the ACA.

I don't think that's all that close to an FIC... the crown angle would have to be over 35.5 degrees. Still, a nice looking TIC with EightStar tendencies?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results