shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Radiant - Advice on two diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bschmoz

Rough_Rock
First of all, Thanks to everyone on this site for their help in my initial search for radiant diamonds. I wasn''t sure what I was getting into until I spent several days combing through postings on this site. There is a lot of helpful info out there. Based on my initial search for generic radiants at a couple B&M stores and my displeasure with the selection, I searched for a local dealer of RCDC stones in my area. Since then I have looked at about 6 stones and have narrowed them down to two. My girlfriend wanted a square stone (like the princess) but with more brialliance. Anyways, the sixth stone I looked at was the closest to square, but the other stone I am going to mention is also very nice as well. Just looking for some help in choosing between these two.

Stone 1:
1.54 Carat
6.32 x 5.57 x 4
H
VS2
depth 62.7
Table 66
Pavillion 49.4
Crown 6.8
Xthin - sl thick
Sym VG
Polish G
$9360

Stone 2:
1.53 Carat
7.26 x 6.53 x 3.99
H
VS2
Table 67
Dept 61.1
Thin to Med
Sym G
Polish G
(No Crown % right now)
$9955

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
bschmoz

bschmoz

Rough_Rock
Also I forgot
Stone #1 - Faint Flourescence
Stone #2 - None Flourescence

thanks again

bschmoz

Rough_Rock
I was reviewing the GIA rating versus the RCDC ratings and it seems that the LxW numbers vary. For the first stone those are numbers from RCDC... The numbers from GIA are
Stone #1 - 7.26 x 6.53 x 4
Not sure how that varies?

moosewendy

Rough_Rock
Are you sure the first stone is from RCDC? The crown height % is less than they say on their web site ("adjusted" crown height greater than 7.5% and the adjustment reduces the number as it gets off square), and I didn''t think they permitted extremely thin girdles.

moosewendy

Rough_Rock
I think you mixed up the measurements - the depth% doesn''t follow from the dimensions you give. From the other info you gave, I''m guessing the first stone measures about 6.37 x 6.37. If so, the second stone spreads considerably bigger for its carat weight. Also, it doesn''t seem to meet RCDC''s cut standards for crown height, spread and girdle. If you care whether the stone is "branded", make sure they show you the RCDC certificate. All their stones come with a separate certificate including their cut information, in addition to a GIA cert.

moosewendy

Rough_Rock
I think I miswrote. The stone that doesn''t seem to meet RCDC''s standards is the first one.

bschmoz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response, and I will ask for the cert from RCDC. I was surprised by the crown height % as well and asked again that they were "branded" diamonds on my second visit. The jeweler said they were? I will repost with that info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results