shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie quiestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nervousguy

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. First post here. I''ve done quite a bit of reading and research and I know basically (very) what I am looking for in a diamond. So now I need a vendor. I''ve looked in approximatly 10 stores locally and can''t find a store with the combination of prices and service that I''m looking for. So... I''m turning to the internet for at least my stone purchase.

I found a stone I like on USA Certified diamonds. Are they straight shooters? I''ve never spent so much money over the net so I''m a bit gunshy.

Also... does anyone know of an appraiser in the cincinnati, OH area? I know that some of the appraisers present on this board come highly reccomended but I would really like to view the stone before plunking down my change...

Thanks!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We've never heard anything negative about USA Certed. Regardless of which online vendor you buy the diamond from however, you should ask them for full version of the Sarin / OGI computerized proportions analysis so that you will be provided with detailed proportions information including the high / low measurements that the average measurements indicated on the Avery mailing type label are based upon... And secondly that you ask them for detailed clarity photographs of the inclusions within the diamond and a scanned color copy of the lab report so that you have a clear idea of what the inclusions within the diamond really look like and what you can expect to see when you look at the diamond through a loupe... Realize that the inclusions plotted on the lab report are one dimensional on paper and three dimensional in reality, it really helps to see the clarity photographs.

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Nervous -

I bought my stone through USA Certed Diamonds and was completely happy with the experience.
Personaly, I dealt with Martin Sheffield, the owner, and he was excellent to work with
throughout the diamond buying process

Martin will definitely take care of you!

Do a search of USA Certed on this forum to see other people's opinions and experiences.

The Pricescope vendors, especially the ones who post here often (including NiceIce!) have excellent reputations and strive to meet their customers' needs.

Cheers

nervousguy

Rough_Rock
OK... I am fairly certain that I am going to buy from USA certified... I know I should ask for a Sarin report, digital pictures and the GIA cert... but someone mentioned an OGI?? What is that? I haven't heard of that before... Also is there anything else I should be looking to get from them that I'm not thinking of?

NG

Pimp

Rough_Rock
I just made a purchase from Tony at USACerted and they are awesome! You certainly have nothing to worry about there!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results