shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sam71

Rough_Rock
First off, great site everyone. I have gotten some great info, I am so glad I found it. I have been looking for an engagement ring for about two weeks. A friend of a friend in the NY diamond district has something close to what I want. In comparison to Blue Nile and such, this price looks great, I have seen similar diamonds for 7,000.

$6,350
1.12 Marquis
D color
VS1
62.3% depth
54.0% table
Gd symmetry
VG polish
no cutlet
no flour.
Is this a great deal, or just good? also, one strange thing: I was in price stats on this site, I looked up Marquis 1B cut(which is where I think the diamond above falls?) in the 1.0-1.5 ct range. An F color VS1 diamond is on of the most expensive, more so than the higher colors and clarity? I am confused?

Thanks in advance,
Newest Newbie

golfer

Shiny_Rock
I think, especially with rarer fancy cuts, the Price Stats page utilizes very small sample sizes which can easily result in inconsistent data. "Average" and "Lowest" might only be 1 or 2 sales. Perhaps Leonid should set a minimum number before including that data, because without a decent sample size the information is not very useful IMO.

sam71

Rough_Rock
That makes sense, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results