shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie purchaser could use your advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kermit

Rough_Rock
I''m so happy I found this site, but I''m still trying to digest all the information. I''m very impressed by the willingness of you guys to help people like me, so here goes:

I''m looking for a round brilliant in the $4,500 to $5,500 range. It looks like the 1.01 carat with specs below is a great value for $5,269. It''s not H and A, but has an excellent HCA. It has VS2 clarity so hopefully its eye clean, but I''m wondering if the girdle is problematic. Since it ranges from 1.7% to 4.0%, it''s not AGS0 and might be too fragile or look "warped". Can I trust the HCA score with a girdle varying like this? Do you think this is a good value? Would an idealscope help here? Thanks for your comments.

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spreador diameter for weight Very Good

AGS#: 10222005
Report Type: Diamond Quality™ Report
Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.39 - 6.42 x 3.98 mm
Carat Weight: 1.010
Total Depth: 62.2%
Table: 56.0%
Girdle Description: Thin to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: Pointed
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Color Grade: AGS 2.0 (H)
Clarity Grade: AGS 4 (VS2)
Fluorescence: Negligible
Table: 56.0%
Crown Angle: 35.6
Crown Height: 15.8%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.7% to 4.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Pavilion Depth: 42.8%
Star Length: 54%
Lower Girdle Length: 79%
Total Depth: 62.2%
Culet Verbose: Pointed
Report:
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/certificate.aspx?idno=1984065&file_name=1

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kermit,

If you could post the images of the diamond such as ASET, Idealscope and the photo of the diamond that would help please, it looks promising! Is it an in house diamond or one which WF have called in for you?

The girdle won't be an issue, as to ' warping' do a search for warped girdles and or Fred Cuellar and that will provide further reading for you. The girdle range is thin to slightly thick according to my chart and is within good range.

If you could post the above images then we can go from there.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is nothing wrong with the girdle, all have variations. This girdle is only medium to slightly think, so still in the ideal cut range.

Kermit

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick replies. Lorelei, the diamond came up on pricescope''s search for in-house diamonds, but whiteflash only had an AGS report. I don''t know if that means they have it in-house or not, but I''ll call them for more information including a picture and idealscope and ASSET. I''ll post when I get it. Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 12:18:12 PM
Author: Kermit
Thanks for the quick replies. Lorelei, the diamond came up on pricescope's search for in-house diamonds, but whiteflash only had an AGS report. I don't know if that means they have it in-house or not, but I'll call them for more information including a picture and idealscope and ASSET. I'll post when I get it. Thanks.
I am very glad to help Kermit, keep me posted when you find out more!
35.gif

I just had a look, the diamond is marked as an Expert Selection which are in house diamonds but the info doesn't appear, it could be new and the rest of the info hasn't been uploaded, or perhaps they would need to call it in.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 12:19:19 PM
Author: Lorelei

I just had a look, the diamond is marked as an Expert Selection which are in house diamonds but the info doesn''t appear, it could be new and the rest of the info hasn''t been uploaded, or perhaps they would need to call it in.
We have just received 155 new stones, and they are working feverishly in photography to get the images taken and loaded.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 5:33:57 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 2/22/2009 12:19:19 PM
Author: Lorelei

I just had a look, the diamond is marked as an Expert Selection which are in house diamonds but the info doesn''t appear, it could be new and the rest of the info hasn''t been uploaded, or perhaps they would need to call it in.
We have just received 155 new stones, and they are working feverishly in photography to get the images taken and loaded.
Thanks for that Alj!! Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results