shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie: please help me choose a vintage/estate bracelet!

KateP

Rough_Rock

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My personal preference is the second one. It's a true antique, rather than a more modern "antique style" bracelet, and the styling is more unique. I suspect it's also a better quality, but that's just a guess. On a carats per dollar basis the first might be a better "deal,"(thought I haven't doe the math) but I'm drawn to the uniqueness of the second bracelet.

But the real question is, which do you prefer? Which could you see yourself wearing most often, assuming that's a concern to you? The second bracelet is more ornate and some might view it as more of a "special occasion" bracelet, but it also has a bohemian vibe and could be an everyday bracelet for others. It would be a signature piece, for sure!

KateP

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your considered advice! I like them both but want to build a "stack" to wear with the one in the image, which I had made last year. I'm just a bit concerned that the "true antique" one might not sit so well with what I already have? What do you think? Could they sit together?

img_11150.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with VR. I prefer the second one. Not sure how it would look stacked however. I don't think I would love either of your choices stacked but my aesthetic is more one of a minimalistic preference so perhaps I am not the best person to reply to your second question. But as to your first question I prefer your 2nd choice.

antique-105-ct-diamond-18-ct-white-gold-bracelet.jpg

KateP

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much, now I'm doubting the stack approach! Do you have a view on the value for money aspect? Really appreciate your input

img_11152.jpg

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
katep ,
I have an antique diamond bracelet listed in preloved ,in case you did not see it :angel:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KateP|1458566426|4008869 said:
Thanks so much, now I'm doubting the stack approach! Do you have a view on the value for money aspect? Really appreciate your input

Having seen this, my suggestion would be to get the diamond and ruby line bracelet. To me, the second bracelet looks too much like the bracelet you already have... why two such similar bracelets in your wardrobe when you can have two distinct looks? And who knows, stacking the two might work.

One other option to consider - continue looking for another diamonds-only bracelet, one that doesn't look quite so much like the bracelet you already have. That would give you another wardrobe option when the red-and-white look isn't quite right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results