shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie - pics of rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jfan

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! Been a long time lurker and decided to finally be brave and post my rings. My diamond belonged to my grandmother who passed it to me before she died. All I know is that it is a 1.72 J SI1. (We have to get it professionally appraised/certed). We removed it from her original setting (which I still have) and decided we wanted something different for my ER. I knew I wanted the diamond to "sit inside" (haha, pre-Procescope lingo) so I didn''t knock it all over the place. We found the setting at Antiquarius in Los Angeles. It''s an original deco piece. The wedding band, which is a repro, we bought at a smaller shop (I think they carry the same one at Fay Cullen. I go back and forth all the time about wanting to change to something daintier and more elegant, but since we''re both grad students, that probably won''t happen for awhile! Hope you like the pics!
1.gif

IMG_0436_3_1_7_2_1.JPG

jfan

Rough_Rock

IMG_0410_1_1_3_2_1.JPG

jfan

Rough_Rock

IMG_0387_1_1_2_2_1.JPG

jfan

Rough_Rock

IMG_0381_1_1_1_11_1.JPG

jfan

Rough_Rock
last one!

IMG_0441_5_1_6_2_1.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well it isn''t dainty, but it is beautiful and elegant and different! I think it is a very interesting design and all the more special because of the history behind your lovely diamond.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--what a stunner and absolutely my style. I love it!!! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

jfan

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Sundial. The diamond truly is special - I don''t think I''ll ever upgrade b/c of the sentimental value. Don''t know why it looks black in some of the pics? Maybe the reflection of my hair? It''s pretty white in real life with a hint of warmth.

jfan

Rough_Rock
Thank you canuk-gal!!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, I love it!!!
30.gif

jfan

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Kaleigh! I LOVE the set in your avatar, by the way.

I forgot to mention that the sidestones are sapphires (my birthstone)
Ring size is 4.

One final full hand shot - thanks for looking!

IMG_0453_1_1.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love antique/antique repro settings, I think you have a beautiful set..

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Wow, how gorgeous!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a special ring! It is so beautiful!
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Pretty!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it! And I think your set looks great together!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a gorgeous diamond and that setting is perfect for it!!!!I also love the band. Beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set! It looks huge!
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty set and it protects the stone! How nice that your Grandmother gave it to you herself.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!! It looks great on your hand! I have a ring from my grandmother, too, I know how special that is. Where in L.A. is Antiquarius?? If you do decide to change your setting down the road, that ring would be gorgeous with a sapphire
30.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beautiful stone, and your grandmother had good taste!! lol
It is a very substansial setting and I think you get the best of both worlds having a dainty wedding band, which by the way, is fabulous!

It does look alot like the one from Fay Cullen. Is yours platinum or white gold??

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How pretty! I used to shop there too when I lived in L.A., they had some great pieces...

jfan

Rough_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo, ebonykawai, skippy123, blingdiva, deejay, catmom, anchor31, stonehunter, miranda, sophie and diamondfan! It means a lot to me.
1.gif

Miranda: Antiquarius is in the West Hollywood/Bev Hills area. It''s right near the Ivy restaurant and the Beverly Center (where all the paps get pics of people like Paris Hilton)
14.gif
located on Melrose Ave.
Anyway, they have a bunch of booths and it''s mostly antique/antique repro settings...some can be slightly overpriced but it''s great eyecandy!

Sophie: The wedding band is WG. I do think I''ll probably change my ER down the road to a classic solitaire (hubby says the 5 year mark sounds good to him) and use the setting I have as a RHR. I love the chunkiness of the ER, especially when it''s worn on it''s own, but now that I''ve been married for a year and a half, I couldn''t imagine not wearing my wedding band. I''d feel so naked!
5.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous! I love that the stone is sentimental and think the setting fits it beautifully.

Sapphires are my husband''s birthstone so I always think that my next ring should be sapphires, to honor him. I''m not as fond of my own birthstone (October which is opal) so I just claim his instead!
2.gif

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
Beautiful rings--separately, together, and on your hand in particular! Thanks for the pics!
1.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your diamond looks beautiful, and great to have a family piece stay where it belongs. Enjoy it, that''s what your Grandmother would have wanted.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Way cool looking ring. It is so original that I think I love it.

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful...really lets the diamond be the focus and is so unique...and I adore that art deco inspred band!!

jfan

Rough_Rock
Thanks chickflick, nutmeg, minimouse, shay37 and firegoddess!

Chickflick - I think that''s a great plan to take on your husband''s birthstone! And he can honor himself by buying a lovely sapphire for his wife to wear!
2.gif
9.gif

Firegoddess - these deco repro bands are great. Fay Cullen has several styles with diamonds, rubies, and sapphires. I never take mine off, even when I shower and sleep and it really stands up to the wear. Now that I think about it, I might get one or two more to stack when I don''t wear my ER. Pricescope is such a bad influence!!
3.gif
36.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Now that is an interesting set. I just love the contrast of the e-ring to the w-ring. It really goes together. And I just love sapphires. (it''s my birthstone too). BEAUTIFUL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results