shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie needs your opinions please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pepper

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, newbie to the forum, but thanks to all your informative posts, I have learnt so much about finding the perfect diamond.
I would really appreicate your feedback on one that I have my heart set on..Gary, Mara, Fire&ice..calling all experts!!

diameter 7.24-7.27-4.42
TCW 1.40
depth: 60.9
table: 55%
crown angle: 34.2
crown height: 14.8
pavilion angle:41.0
Pavilion depth: 43.2%
Girdle: thin to medium
Excellent/Excellent polish
F color
VS2

Should I be concerned with the thin to medium girdle since it scores a 2A on the DIY and the crown angle of 34.2 which is slightly shy of the 1A grade (34.3 makes the 1A)?

Thanks to all in advance for your comments...need to make decision soon...please help
wavey.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hca of 1.4
one exellent and 3 very good.
Nice diamond.
You might be able to go a little bigger by going to a g or h color otherwise I dont see any problems.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Numbers look good...I would look at the stone first before purchasing...Or find a place that has a money back garauntee...
9.gif

The Cut Chart is a great preliminary tool...Personally I wolud see if you could get access to an ideal-scope which can show areas of leakage..

I don't want to scare you away and I want you to make the most informed purchase..Diamonds which have the same numbers can often times yield different results...
wavey.gif

Overall the numbers look good.....

Strmrdr brings up good points...You can stretch it over the 1.5 carat mark if you drop the color and clarity...
twirl.gif
(Just a suggestion though)
wacko.gif

pepper

Rough_Rock
strmrdr, Josh, thanks for your comments! I do have access to an ideal scope but am having trouble uploading it. any suggestions?
21.gif

Looks good, minimal leakage just at the edges of the stone (arrows).

Thanks,

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a really nice icey white stone!

If your not sold on it, you may want to take the stormdoctors suggestion & go down in color from an F.

Good luck & keep us posted.

pepper

Rough_Rock
Did it!! Hopefully the ideal scope will now show up.

Fire&ice, thanks for your opinion, your posts are great and imformative. Anyone have additional feedback now that the image is up?
Richard Sherwood??
naughty.gif

loopy.gif

Thanks

test2.jpg

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like this stone, It is one of the more desirable sizes on the market these days.as you get the look of a 1.50cts without paying the price.
I am just wondering who certified it?

magna2

Shiny_Rock
It is a great looking diamond. Have you had a chance to see it personally? Your eyes will be able to confirm the beauty of this diamond.

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results