shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie needs some help!

nwsd

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I have read many of posts here for my diamond buying research....well, maybe too many. I sometimes get carried away when making such a big decision. It's time to turn the tables though and ask all of you for your input. I think I have found a great diamond but wanted some thoughts and opinions. So....here it goes.
Princess Cut- 2.01 carat, color H, VS2. The gemologist said it was a very high grade H, could pass as a G in his opinion, which I trust.
Will attach some photos below. Price is $13,400.

pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

nwsd

Rough_Rock
Another photo and some more specs. Polish and symmetry were rated excellent by GIA. Inclusions were around the perimeter, not the center.

Pic5.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
interesting

I'm no princess expert, I usually associate 4chevron w/ skinny mains

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a nice princess cut, but I am also not very well versed. I find the facet pattrn pleasing, though, and the ASET shows a nice pattern of red and green.

nwsd

Rough_Rock
I'd also be grateful if someone can comment on the chevrons. I am just now reading about them since I read the previous comment. Seems like it has a big impact on light performance yet it is something that is usually not brought up. Thanks again.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nwsd said:
I'd also be grateful if someone can comment on the chevrons. I am just now reading about them since I read the previous comment. Seems like it has a big impact on light performance yet it is something that is usually not brought up. Thanks again.

not really - more chevrons usually = smaller facets = smaller virtual facets = more twinkle and sparkle, less bold flash (though if you wanted big bold flashes of light you wouldn't be looking at princesses in the first place I suppose!).. well that's my usual thought

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great!

nwsd

Rough_Rock
I'm about to make a decision on this diamond and wanted to listen to any more thoughts. My budget allows me to spend maybe $3k more but I honestly don't think that will get me much farther than this diamond. I have not seen his diamond but the gemologist I'm working with says it looks great. Thanks again for all the help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results