shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbie123

Rough_Rock
I've been to a few local stores and have also done some research online, but still am not convinced I know enough to make an informed engagement ring purchase. I have looked at several stones under the microscope and have narrowed it down to one at a particular location. What I would like to know is if the dimensions and information below indicate anything necessarily good or bad about the stone. I have the diamond on hold until Monday, so relatively quick advice would be great!! Thanks ahead of time!!

This information is from the EGL -- European Gemological Laboratories Certificate:

Round Stone, Weight 1.01ct, Proportions-Good, 6.21x6.08x4.04mm, Depth 65.7%, Table 60%, Crown height 16%, Pavilion 43%, Girdle-thick faceted, Finish Grade-Good, Purity, SI2, Color F.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Newbie123, welcome to the forum :)

This diamond was cut to get into 1 carat rage at the expense of the cut.

).

It has much smaller diameter than well cut 1 carat stone hence will look smaller for its weight.

You can get 0.85 carat well cut diamond that will look much better and as big as this 1-carat stone! Just like on this picture:

rough.jpg

Conclusion: keep looking.
[/u]

newbie123

Rough_Rock
Just the information I was looking for. I kinda suspected that it wasn't the best cut as it didn't project alot of light. Will keep looking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results