shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie needs help - Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gnarl

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
thanks for all the info on the site and forums. Heres my question. Is this a good deal and do I need to get anymore info on the stone.
GIA
I color VS2
.79 carat
6.02 - 6.04 X 3.66mm
depth 60.9%
table 56%
Girdle Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet None
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
characteristics Cloud
Flour None
Comments None

THe GIA cert has no plot which I thought was strange but I was told that because it is smaller it has a laser inscription and has a Diamond Dossier instead of the plot. Thru a 10X it looks beautiful and I can''t realy see the clouds. I have looked at this stone inside, out is the sun, and in the shade and really like it. It is $2600.00 It is labelled as a H&A and looks like it thru a H&A viewer. Is there something else I should know about this stone? What do you all think. Thanks in advance

Carlos

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Carlos,

It is hard to gauge how it may perform without cut angles (crown and pavillion).

Assuming that it is indeed a H&A diamond; the price, if from a brick & mortar store, is a good deal. You may find lower priced H&A diamonds of similar size and qulaity on the net but then will depend on your comfort level of buying over the net. And the price difference may only be around a couple of hundred dollars - so ... if you have already seen the diamond and it looks beautiful to you than that is all that matters.

rodent.gif

gnarl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. Should any shop have the angles of the stone readily available?

Carlos

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Looks nice!
1.gif

Not all shops have angles readily available. You can ask for an OGI or Sarin report, though. It will provide you the missing data.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results