shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie (needs diamond photo lessons) thanks Pricescope community . . . custom pre-engagement necklac

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
I''m fairly new to this community, one of those lurker/occasional post-er types. I found this board because I knew very little about selecting diamonds when I was tasked 8 weeks ago by my BF to design a piece of jewelry to commemorate our one-year anniversary from the day we met. So I took out pencil and drafting paper (or rather, Powerpoint and mouse), and designed a necklace I knew I would want to wear almost all the time. But of course, no matter how special the design, it''s not impressive unless you pick the right stone. Hence I found Pricescope and slealthily studied away (I''d chosen the vendor before I found out about PS, but that''s fine as he was great to work with, Peter Larouche in the Diamond District in NYC). It was like taking a crash course in diamonds: hearts and arrows, idealscope images, AGS000, blue fluoro were heretofore unfamaliar terms, but post-Pricescope, I feel like an educated consumer!

I''m running out now, but later this week I will try to find that article on how to take good diamond photos and post some more pics, maybe neckshots. In the meantime, thank you for being such an invaluable resource.

P.S. Whiteflash is likely sourcing the engagment diamond for me. Thanks for telling me about WF, Pricescope community!

thanks_pricesope.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So is this the necklace on the L? It's very pretty
1.gif

Congratulations on becoming an educated consumer
9.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
very interesting and meaningful design! I can''t wait to see the final necklace (and what a generous and thoughtful boyfriend!)

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
Still not capturing Arrows but will try with daylight/flowershot tomorrow. Capturing the initial signature links a bit better now, with the light background. Pricescope is wonderful!!!

PricescopeAGain.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So unique and beautiful - I love the design!

It really is a special piece of jewelry but something that you could wear all the time.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very neat design and pretty necklace.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about your necklace, and I love that you designed it yourself. Pricescope is a valuable resource, and it sure worked for you! Congratulations!

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
Lastly, in the back of the necklace, there is a dangle heart charm with our names on one side, and a special message on the other side. I can wear the heart charm in front for when I don''t want the diamond to show. I live part-year in NYC, folks! One should NOT have a sparkly diamond on a 1mm chain showing in certain parts of NYC, although most parts are just fine!

As you can see, I am still photographically challenged...

NecklaceClasp.JPG

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
One last one...

signature link.JPG

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
and a sparkly one!

sparly_necklace.JPG

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great design. I like how you included the initials.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very cool. You did a wonderful job with the design. I just love how you can turn it around and still have a necklace showing. Good idea.
21.gif

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Stone Hunter! The design was based very, very loosely on a necklace that is no longer made, by Rosiblu (see pic), but I wanted something more solitaire-oriented. The thinking was that maybe this stone could go into a ring when the time came (there was confusion with the BF). But I'm getting another rock (now clarified!)
36.gif
Was fun plarying necklace designer

RosibluPendulumNecklace.jpg

titian23

Shiny_Rock
Hey! It looks beautiful! What a wonderful anniversary present!
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, very pretty design!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
SO pretty!!! Congrats!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!
36.gif

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Just lovely. I love the design.
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love it! it looks great on you :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results