shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie needing help :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bondslove

Rough_Rock
Just returned a 1 carat LEO diamond, due to the economy and trying to save money plus couldn''t justify spending the extra money for the name.
We are now looking for a very similar ring but in the $4500 range.
I definitely want a Tapered Cathedral setting with no side stones, very simple with a 1 carat diamond.
Had a H, VS1, .98 princess cut and want something similar or better.
The blue nile setting is nice and pretty similar to the LEO band, but figure there are other options and figure if anyone can help, it is you guys...
Thanks so much in advance!!!
19.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 11:57:09 AM
Author:bondslove
Just returned a 1 carat LEO diamond, due to the economy and trying to save money plus couldn''t justify spending the extra money for the name.
We are now looking for a very similar ring but in the $4500 range.
I definitely want a Tapered Cathedral setting with no side stones, very simple with a 1 carat diamond.
Had a H, VS1, .98 princess cut and want something similar or better.
The blue nile setting is nice and pretty similar to the LEO band, but figure there are other options and figure if anyone can help, it is you guys...
Thanks so much in advance!!!
19.gif
Welcome!

Is your budget for the diamond and setting? Did you want platinum or white gold? Would you be open to considering SI clarity grades if verified eyeclean by a trusted vendor? This would help the budget.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Hello and welcome.

We love to help find things. Give us some specifics and we''ll get to searching.
34.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''ll very likely get equal quality to what you had by using one of these vendors. You were likely overpaying for the "leo" name. So smart move on your part!

Start searching for princess stones here:

https://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx (be sure to change the search to princess cut and check GIA and AGS for labs)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Here are some options that could work for you. I chose these because they look well-cut from the pics (the last 2 in particular could be really good contenders), but be sure to ask for an Idealscope image from JA:

1.05 G/VS2
1.07 G/VS1
1.01 F/VS2
1.05 H/VS1

...in this setting, $550 in WG after being modified for a princess cut (the current head only accepts rounds, but they can modify it for $150). If you go with one of the less expensive stones (which I think are the better cut ones anyway), you could swing it in platinum.

ETA: I'm guessing your budget is for the stone and setting together...but if it's $4500 for the rock alone, check out this princess from GOG. It's a tad smaller but will look nice and big due to the excellent light return.

bondslove

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the quick responses... Sorry for not being so thorough, as you can tell I am a newbie :)

Total budget is $4500 and really want to match the current setting, so cathedral tapered is what I am looking for. Need it fairly quickly too...

Already have a white gold band, so would want to stay with white gold, I am thinking. Don''t really want to hassle with getting it rerhodium plated often, but I don''t think that I can mismatch them can I?? Wouldn''t they rub up against one another and scratch the white gold if I opted for platinum.

SI clarity would be fine if from a trusted vendor.

My question, do I buy a stone from a trusted vendor and then find the specific band and then have a local jeweler put it together. Would really rather have one stop shopping so would like to find a trusted vendor from this site to have both the perfect stone and the setting, right???

Sorry for all the question marks, but I feel pretty new at this.

Thanks for all of your help guys...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 2:02:15 PM
Author: bondslove
Thanks so much for the quick responses... Sorry for not being so thorough, as you can tell I am a newbie :)

Total budget is $4500 and really want to match the current setting, so cathedral tapered is what I am looking for. Need it fairly quickly too...

Already have a white gold band, so would want to stay with white gold, I am thinking. Don''t really want to hassle with getting it rerhodium plated often, but I don''t think that I can mismatch them can I?? Wouldn''t they rub up against one another and scratch the white gold if I opted for platinum.

SI clarity would be fine if from a trusted vendor.

My question, do I buy a stone from a trusted vendor and then find the specific band and then have a local jeweler put it together. Would really rather have one stop shopping so would like to find a trusted vendor from this site to have both the perfect stone and the setting, right???

Sorry for all the question marks, but I feel pretty new at this.

Thanks for all of your help guys...
It is much easier to have the diamond and setting from the same place, the vendors sometimes have access to many more settings than they have on their websites, so it can often pay to contact them and ask.

bondslove

Rough_Rock
thanks for the input. I will check out the specs on the 4 links.
Which one do you think is the better of them
I do like the setting in 4 prong, as it is similar to the leo original one that i have. Which stone would be more similar to the leo sparkle?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 3:42:44 PM
Author: bondslove
Which one do you think is the better of them
Can''t really say until we see the IS image.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results